Peter Daly > Doyle Clayton > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Doyle Clayton Offices
ONE CROWN COURT
- Go to...
Employment Team, London
Peter Daly is a Partner within the employment team with a track record of pursuing high profile and complex litigation, and of resolving disputes effectively. His work pushes the boundaries of discrimination and whistleblowing law and both Chambers and The Legal 500 rank him as one of the UK’s leading employment lawyers with reviews including:
- “He is one of the best employment lawyers out there on the claimant side in terms of technical knowledge and skill; his approach to strategy is second to none.” … “He has novel arguments and is willing to go the extra mile for his clients.”… “He’s a very good lawyer and he is very creative.” Chambers and Partners 2021
- “Peter Daly is an exceptionally smart lawyer, technically strong and eminently pragmatic. From a client perspective, during what was an emotionally charged time, he showed compassion whilst never losing sight of achieving a good client outcome.” The Legal 500 2021
- “Peter Daly has an encyclopaedic knowledge of employment practice as well as a very effective strategic mind.” The Legal 500 2020
- “imaginative yet sensitive to the immediate needs of any client’ and has ‘strong attention to detail.” The Legal 500 2017
- “an excellent legal mind and analytical skills” The Legal 500 2016
Where trained : MLS Chase LLP
Year qualified : July 2007
Year made Partner in present firm : 2021
Please summarise your professional career (ie: posts, job, appointments)
Peter qualified as a solicitor at MLS Chase before moving to Bindmans where he specialised in employment law, whilst there his work pushed the boundaries of discrimination and whistleblowing law. He went on to join Slate and Gordon in May 2019 where he further developed this expertised and subsequently joined Doyle Clayton as a partner in March 2021.
Employment Lawyers’ Association
LSE, The London School of Economic and Political Science, BA Geography : Graduating in 2000
BPP Law School, GDL & LPC : Graduation 2007
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
As ‘experts in their field’, the practitioners at Doyle Clayton are recommended as ‘employment focused and aware of all aspects from both employer and employee side’. With particular expertise in the insurance and accountancy markets, the firm acts for senior executives in a range of discrimination cases, including age discrimination matters. Peter De Maria leads the practice and is ‘undoubtedly a leading light in business protection as well as being the firm’s senior partner’. Discrimination law specialist Peter Daly; legal director Katie Mahoney, whose forte is employee competition work; and Simon Henthorn, who ‘provides excellent advice and support’, are additional key names.
Doyle Clayton advises on a wide range of matters, from crowdfunding to organising and union mergers. The team is led by the ‘formidable‘ Simon Henthorn, who has advised on removals of head teachers, potential industrial action and safeguarding matters. Peter Daly advises on disputes relating to employment and discrimination, and has recently been involved in a series of high-profile cases.
Doyle Clayton represents parents, students, teachers and professors in claims regarding discrimination, misconduct and bullying. Practice head Simon Henthorn is ‘professional, knowledgeable and kind – he can be robust when needed, but shows great compassion‘. Peter Daly, who joined from Slater and Gordon in early 2021, has represented clients in some high-profile cases regarding alleged harassment and intimidation over philosophical beliefs. Associate Amara Ahmad focuses on children’s law, specialising in advising on special educational needs and safeguarding.
- Education: individuals - London > Public sector
- Next Generation Partners - London > Employment > Employees/unions
- Next Generation Partners - London > Employment > Senior executives
- Senior executives - London > Employment
- Education: schools - London > Public sector