Natasha Kohne > Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP > San Francisco, United States > Lawyer Profile
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP Offices
580 CALIFORNIA STREET
SAN FRANCISCO CA 94104 1036
- Go to...
Partner; Litigation; Cybersecurity, Privacy and Data Protection
Natasha Kohne is a partner in Akin Gump’s San Francisco office and co-head of their cybersecurity, privacy and data protection practice, which was ranked Band 1 in 2021 by Chambers USA. She has two decades of experience assisting clients in navigating the evolving risks in privacy and cybersecurity regulation, enforcement, investigations, and class action litigation. She also assists clients in conducting comprehensive privacy and security risk assessments, and develops policies and procedures to mitigate and remediate privacy and cybersecurity threats. The Daily Journal has recognized Natasha as one of California’s top cyber/artificial intelligence lawyers since 2018, and she was named a Women Worth Watching by Diversity Journal in 2019. She has also been recommended by The Legal 500 US in Cyber Law since 2017, and was named to Cybersecurity Docket’s Incident Response 40 for 2021. Natasha also has a cutting-edge international legal practice that focuses on investigations, disputes, regulatory and compliance advice, often involving complex multi-jurisdictional and cross-border challenges.
To learn more about Natasha, please visit her full profile: http://www.akingump.com/en/lawyers-advisors/natasha-g-kohne.html
Ms. Kohne was promoted to partner in November 2008. She is involved in numerous community and civic activities, including formerly serving on the Board of Directors of the American Chamber of Commerce of Abu Dhabi (AmCham), and active involvement in U.S.-U.A.E. Business Council efforts, including speaking and supporting seminars about U.S.-U.A.E. business relations. Ms. Kohne is a member of the Bar of the States of New York and California.
Certified Information Privacy Professional/United States (CIPP/US) with the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
J.D., Harvard Law School, cum laude, 2000; B.A., Columbia University, summa cum laude
United States > Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
Based in San Francisco and Dallas, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP‘s cybersecurity, privacy and data protection practice particularly stands out for its breadth, and is regularly sought out by companies needing to update their privacy policies in connection to the California Consumer Privacy Act, seeking representation in privacy and cybersecurity disputes, including data breach class actions as well as assistance in government and internal investigations. Regulatory advice and compliance are also strong areas, alongside transactional work. Natasha Kohne in San Francisco is an expert in the retail, health, financial services and energy sectors and co-heads the department together with Michelle Reed in Dallas, who specializes in privacy and security risk assessments and procedures to mitigate privacy and cybersecurity threats. Jo-Ellyn S. Klein is a key contact in Washington DC.
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP has a broad internal investigations practice that covers securities fraud, accounting irregularities, price-fixing, sanctions and export controls violations. Managing partner Mac Fadlallah heads the practice and is praised by clients for being ‘extremely knowledgeable‘ and ‘technically strong‘. Natasha Kohne is the co-managing partner of the Abu Dhabi office and has an extensive international cybersecurity and data breach investigations practice. Counsel Johann Strauss is also noted.
- Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection) - United States > Media, technology and telecoms
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Government > Government relations
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: plaintiff
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Education
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: oil and gas
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Industry focus > Native American law
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Corporate governance
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Government > Government contracts
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: high-yield debt offerings
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (International Trade Commission)
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Sport
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (full coverage)
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Dispute resolution > Appellate: courts of appeals / Appellate: supreme courts (states and federal)
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism