Seth Molay > Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP > Houston, United States > Lawyer Profile
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP Offices
111 LOUISIANA STREET, 44TH FLOOR
HOUSTON, TX 77002
- Go to...
Seth Molay’s practice focuses on complex business transactions and general corporate and securities matters for public and private companies.
Seth takes lead responsibility on public equity and debt offerings, private placements, venture capital transactions and mergers and acquisitions. He has extensive experience in public offerings and private placements of equity and debt securities, representing both issuers and underwriters in a wide range of industries, including energy, technology, health care, retail, entertainment and transportation. Over a recent two-year period, Seth advised issuers on more securities offerings than any other Texas-based partner, according to Texas Lawbook.
Seth also regularly leads multibillion-dollar corporate mergers and asset purchase and sale transactions, primarily in the energy, technology, manufacturing and retail industries. He has extensive experience in cross-border transactions involving companies in Latin America, Europe and Central Asia.
To learn more about Mr. Molay, please visit his full profile: https://www.akingump.com/en/lawyers-advisors/seth-r-molay.html
United States > Finance > Capital markets: debt
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP’s issuer-focused group is particularly well versed in advising energy companies and MLPs on debt offerings. Among its recent highlights, New York-based Rosa Testani advised Warrior Met Coal on its $350m offering of senior secured notes and its subsequent $125m tack-on offering. In Dallas, Seth Molay assisted Diamondback Energy with three debt transactions, which included a $750m offering of senior notes. The team has also recently undertaken work for CEVA Logistics, Gulfport Energy and Sanchez Energy. Other key contacts include securities co-lead John Goodgame, Vincent Kendrick and Christine LaFollette, all of whom are based in Houston. Further, in 2018, Robert Shearer joined in Houston from Baker & Hostetler LLP.
United States > Industry focus > Energy: transactions: oil and gas
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP advises public and private energy companies, project sponsors, banks and investors on construction and development mandates, operational matters and finance transactions. Standout highlights included Dallas-based Seth Molay and New York-based Jeffrey Kochian acting for Diamondback Energy in its announced $9.2bn acquisition of Energen Corporation. The practice is jointly headed by Rick Burdick in the Washington DC office, and John Goodgame and Christine LaFollette in Houston. Other key lawyers include Michael Byrd, who specializes in upstream M&A, and David Elder, who focuses on securities offerings and corporate governance. Steven Otillar left for White & Case LLP, but David Sweeney and Robert Shearer joined the team from K&L Gates and Baker & Hostetler LLP, respectively.
United States > Antitrust > Merger control
At Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, the antitrust practice is led by Paul Hewitt and the ‘expert and responsive‘ Corey Roush. Roush recently advised 7-Eleven on its $3.3bn takeover of 1,030 convenience from Sunoco, and was also on a team including Fairley Spillman and Gorav Jindal that acted for maritime company Wilhelmsen in its acquisition of Drew Marine. In other highlights, CenterPoint engaged the group to oversee the antitrust aspects of its merger with Vectren to form a leading energy delivery, infrastructure and services company, and Dallas-based Seth Molay represented Diamondback Energy in its acquisition of Energen in an all-stock transaction. Named individuals are based in Washington DC unless otherwise stated.
- Energy: transactions: oil and gas - United States > Industry focus
- Merger control - United States > Antitrust
- Capital markets: debt - United States > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Industry focus > Energy: transactions: oil and gas
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Dispute resolution > Appellate
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Corporate governance
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Government > Government contracts
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Finance > Capital markets: debt
- Finance > Capital markets: high-yield debt offerings
- Antitrust > Cartel
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation - defense
- Finance > Project finance
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism