Ira Dizengoff > Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP Offices
ONE BRYANT PARK
NEW YORK, NY 10036
- Go to...
Partner; Financial Restructuring
Ira Dizengoff represents bondholders, noteholders, institutional investors, hedge funds and other interested parties, with an emphasis on creditors’ committees and bondholder committees, in large, complex cases, out of court and in chapter 11. Additionally, Ira represents numerous companies in restructurings and recapitalizations in and out of court. His restructuring matters encompass a variety of industries and involve multijurisdictional and cross-border matters.
Recent engagements include advising the ad hoc group of first lien lenders of CEC Entertainment, Inc.; GTT Communications as debtor, the DIP providers, first lien and unsecured lenders of Intelsat Jackson Holdings S.A.; an ad hoc group of secured term loan lenders of Travelport Worldwide Ltd. in connection with the company’s out-of-court recapitalization; an ad hoc group of unsecured noteholders of Frontier Communications, the Official Committees of Unsecured Creditors of Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc., Sears Holding Corporation and iHeartMedia; Debtors Constellis, FirstEnergy Solutions and Sanchez Energy Corporation; and informal noteholders groups in Seadrill, Avaya, Breitburn Energy, Aegean Marine Petroleum, and EV Energy Partners. Other seminal matters include Foresight Energy LP (ad hoc group of first lien lenders), Hexion Inc (ad hoc group of first lien noteholders), Edison Mission Energy (UCC), Allied Nevada (Debtor), Worldcom (UCC), Quiznos (Debtor).
To learn more about Ira, please visit his full profile: https://www.akingump.com/en/lawyers-advisors/ira-s-dizengoff.html
For many years, Ira has been recognized as a leading lawyer by various industry publications/directories, including Chambers Global, Chambers USA, The Legal 500 US, The American Lawyer, The Best Lawyers in America, New York Metro Super Lawyers, Turnarounds & Workouts and Law360.
BA, magna cum laude, Brandeis University; JD, Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law; Member, Cardozo Law Review.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading lawyers)
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP offers a sizeable team, well versed in out-of-court restructurings, strategic transactions and distressed and special situations. Clients range from official and informal creditors’ committees and companies to institutional investors. The practice is led by the experienced Ira Dizengoff, renowned for his representation of bondholders, noteholders and hedge funds, across an array of sectors including media and entertainment, gaming, hospitality and health care. The team leverages its international offices, furthering its expertise on cross-border insolvency, restructurings and disputes. The combination of knowledge from both the New York and London offices broadens its cross-border creditor side expertise. It represents clients such as Brooks Brothers, CEC Entertainment, Nordic Aviation and Dean Foods. Notable work includes its representation of Intelsat Jackson Ad Hoc Croup within the Chapter 11 cases of Intelsat S.A. and its affiliated debtors and debtors-in-possession relating to a total of $14.7bn in debt. Notable individuals assisting the case, alongside Dizengoff, include Scott Alberino, Abid Qureshi, Brad Kahn, Kate Doorley, Ben Taylor and Alex Antypas. All lawyers mentioned are in New York.
- Leading lawyers - United States > Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate - United States > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Government > Government relations
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: plaintiff
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Education
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: oil and gas
- International Trade > International trade
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Industry focus > Native American law
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Corporate governance
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Government > Government contracts
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: high-yield debt offerings
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (International Trade Commission)
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Sport
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (full coverage)
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Dispute resolution > Appellate: courts of appeals / Appellate: supreme courts (states and federal)
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism