Rosa A. Testani > Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP Offices
ONE BRYANT PARK
NEW YORK, NY 10036
- Go to...
Rosa A. Testani
Partner; Capital Markets
Rosa Testani advises private equity funds, portfolio companies and other corporations in complex corporate finance transactions. In particular, she regularly advises on high-yield debt offerings; tender offers; consent solicitations; and equity offerings, including IPOs. She also has extensive experience in advising distressed companies, creditors, and special situations investors on financing and securities matters in out-of-court and in-court restructurings.
Rosa regularly advises on securities law compliance, corporate governance and covenant compliance matters. She serves as a long-term legal advisor to C-suite executives and senior management. Over the course of her career, she has worked on a large number of sophisticated deals and has represented one of the largest private equity funds in the world.
To learn more about Ms. Testani, please visit her full profile: https://www.akingump.com/en/lawyers-advisors/rosa-a-testani.html
Co-head, Akin Gump’s capital markets group; Member, Akin Gump’s firmwide Audit Committee and firmwide Retirement Committee; Member, New York office Diversity and Inclusion Committee; Member, advisory board for the Yale Law School Center for the Study of Corporate Law.
B.S., Fordham University, summa cum laude, 1985; J.D., Yale Law School, 1988
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP remains best known for its work in the energy sector with strong capital markets specialists in Houston and Dallas, though with the further growth of the New York office it is developing its spread of engagements across a number of industries, most notably through New York partner Rosa A. Testani. The capital markets group has a particularly strong record in high-yield debt and in transactions linked to refinancings, liability management and corporate restructuring exercises. Houston partner John Goodgame is co-head of the securities practice and an experienced figure in energy sector capital markets offerings, including those by master limited partnerships (MLPs). Dallas partners Garrett DeVries and Seth Molay are also key names, along with Christine B LaFollette in Houston.
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is noted for high-yield debt offerings linked to acquisition financings for M&A and private equity transactions. The firm’s traditions in the energy sector also bring it a number of high-yield debt engagements, as does its prominence in restructurings. Entertainment is another key sector for the team. Houston partner Christopher Centrich is experienced in high-yield debt offerings in the energy sector. Dallas partners Garrett DeVries and Alan Laves are also key names, along with New York’s Rosa A. Testani.
- Capital markets: debt offerings - United States > Finance
- Capital markets: high-yield debt offerings - United States > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Government > Government relations
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: plaintiff
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Education
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: oil and gas
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Industry focus > Native American law
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Corporate governance
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Government > Government contracts
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: high-yield debt offerings
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (International Trade Commission)
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Sport
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (full coverage)
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Dispute resolution > Appellate: courts of appeals / Appellate: supreme courts (states and federal)
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism