Rosa A. Testani > Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP Offices
ONE BRYANT PARK
NEW YORK, NY 10036
- Go to...
Rosa A. Testani
Partner; Capital Markets
Rosa Testani advises private equity funds, portfolio companies and other corporations in complex corporate finance transactions. In particular, she regularly advises on high-yield debt offerings; tender offers; consent solicitations; and equity offerings, including IPOs. She also has extensive experience in advising distressed companies, creditors, and special situations investors on financing and securities matters in out-of-court and in-court restructurings.
Rosa regularly advises on securities law compliance, corporate governance and covenant compliance matters. She serves as a long-term legal advisor to C-suite executives and senior management. Over the course of her career, she has worked on a large number of sophisticated deals and has represented one of the largest private equity funds in the world.
To learn more about Ms. Testani, please visit her full profile: https://www.akingump.com/en/lawyers-advisors/rosa-a-testani.html
Member, Akin Gump’s firmwide Audit Committee and firmwide Retirement Committee; Member, New York office Diversity and Inclusion Committee; Member, advisory board for the Yale Law School Center for the Study of Corporate Law.
B.S., Fordham University, summa cum laude, 1985; J.D., Yale Law School, 1988
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP’s issuer-focused practice draws on the wider firm’s signature oil and gas offering to specialize in representing energy companies, particularly master limited partnerships (MLPs), on debt capital markets transactions. The group is also well known for advising private equity funds, and their portfolio companies, on the full range of public and private debt deals. Houston-based John Goodgame co-heads the firm’s global corporate practice, is active in capital markets and consistently acts for energy companies on capital raising transactions. The group also includes New York’s Rosa Testani, who is highlighted as a ‘capital markets expert’ for her experience advising private equity funds, portfolio companies and other corporations on corporate finance work. Additional contacts include Houston’s Christine LaFollette and Dallas-based Seth Molay. Vincent Kendrick retired from the partnership in 2019.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Corporate governance
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: oil and gas
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Investment funds > Alternative/hedge funds
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Government > Government contracts
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Antitrust > Cartel
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (International Trade Commission)
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Finance > Project finance
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (full coverage)
- Dispute resolution > Appellate: courts of appeals / Appellate: supreme courts (states and federal)
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism