Sergio Urias > Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP > New York, United States > Lawyer Profile
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP Offices
ONE BRYANT PARK
NEW YORK, NY 10036
- Go to...
Sergio Urias represents leading private equity funds and their portfolio companies in a wide range of corporate transactions, including domestic and cross-border (primarily in Latin America) M&A, recapitalizations, leveraged buyouts, restructurings, reorganizations, growth equity investments and other corporate transactional matters. In addition, he negotiates, structures and executes corporate transactions on behalf of strategic buyers and sellers.
Sergio has extensive industry experience representing clients across a broad spectrum of sectors, including technology, media, telecommunications, consumer products, energy, mining, health care, life sciences, food and beverage, software, manufacturing, financial services, agriculture, aerospace, defense and hospitality. As a result, he can anticipate and address industry-unique issues that often arise in the transaction process and structure the transactions efficiently.
To learn more about Mr. Urias, please visit his profile here: https://www.akingump.com/en/lawyers-advisors/sergio-a-urias.html.
Sergio Urias joined Akin Gump as Partner in 2022.
- Serves on the governing body of the Vance Center for International Justice.
- Co-founded Project Paz, Inc.
- Serves on the board of Wheeling Forward.
LL.M., Harvard Law School, 2007
J.D., Escuela Libre de Derecho, 2003
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP has a substantial focus on Latin America, primarily from its Houston, New York and Los Angeles offices, with additional public law and policy expertise provided by the Washington DC office. The Latin America group is focused on energy, including oil and gas, along with energy transition and renewables transactions. It is also noted for corporate restructurings in the region. The hire of New York partner Sergio Urias from Covington & Burling LLP in June 2022 brings additional senior-level Latin America private equity and M&A experience. Houston’s Matt Kapinos is a key partner.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Government > Government relations
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: plaintiff
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Education
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: oil and gas
- International Trade > International trade
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Industry focus > Native American law
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Corporate governance
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Government > Government contracts
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: high-yield debt offerings
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (International Trade Commission)
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Sport
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (full coverage)
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Dispute resolution > Appellate: courts of appeals / Appellate: supreme courts (states and federal)
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism