Arshi Siddiqui > Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP Offices
Robert S. Strauss Tower
2001 K Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20006-1037
- Go to...
Partner; Public Law & Policy
Arshi Siddiqui specializes in successfully navigating complex legislative and regulatory challenges faced by corporate and nonprofit clients. Drawing upon more than 20 years of public and private sector experience, her practice focuses on synthesizing policy and politics into viable legislative strategies on issues such as tax, technology, international trade, telecommunications and health care issues.
To learn more about Ms. Siddiqui, please visit her full profile: https://www.akingump.com/en/lawyers-advisors/arshi-siddiqui.html
Before joining Akin Gump, Arshi served as senior advisor and counsel to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi to develop and implement the House Democratic legislative agenda. During her tenure in the Speaker’s office, Arshi focused on tax, international trade, innovation, health, financial and retirement issues. She worked closely with the relevant committees, House and Senate leadership, administration and members of Congress to develop policy and formulate strategy on legislative priorities, many of which were ultimately signed into law.
Earlier in her career, Arshi served in a variety of capacities to broaden her skill set, including the House Ways and Means Committee for Congressman Xavier Becerra (D-CA), Congresswoman Eva Clayton (D-NC), a presidential campaign as well as a bipartisan lobbying firm.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading lawyers)
A leader in the lobbying and public policy spaces, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP maintains one of the country’s largest and diverse bipartisan practices in the market. The Washington DC-based team fields expertise from both lawyers and advisers who have both experience in elected offices, as senior staff members of Congress, and in the executive branch of the government. The public law and policy practice at the firm also maintains close relationships with regulators and lawmakers, offering clients a full wrap-around service encompassing legal support, strategy, and lobbying. Tax, trade, health, and financial services are a key areas of expertise for the team, as well as Native American law, energy, and environment. The practice is co-led by intellectual property and and international trade dispute expert Brian Pomper; and transport, tax, and technology specialist Hunter Bates. The team has seen continued growth during 2021, adding international trade, and health and food policy expertise to the already deep bench of individuals. The firm was active in assisting clients in the healthcare sector during and post COVID-19 pandemic, and a destination for companies navigating US/China international trade matters. Arshi Siddiqui has extensive political, private-sector, and policy experience, acting as counsel for both members of the House, and corporate clients before Congress. Ed Pagano is notable for their communications, technology, antitrust, and immigration reform expertise.
- Government relations - United States > Government
- Leading lawyers - United States > Government > Government relations
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Government > Government relations
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: plaintiff
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Education
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: oil and gas
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Industry focus > Native American law
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Corporate governance
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Government > Government contracts
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: high-yield debt offerings
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (International Trade Commission)
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Sport
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (full coverage)
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Dispute resolution > Appellate: courts of appeals / Appellate: supreme courts (states and federal)
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism