Ed Pagano > Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP Offices
Robert S. Strauss Tower
2001 K Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20006-1037
- Go to...
Partner; Public Law & Policy
Ed Pagano provides advice to clients in the antitrust, communications, immigration reform, small business, technology and legal reform space, among others. He has a profound understanding of the federal government’s inner workings, given his tenure with the Obama administration as Senate liaison and deputy assistant to the President for legislative affairs and with Sen. Leahy and the Senate Judiciary Committee for more than 20 years. Ed’s long and distinguished public service career includes:
• Senate Liaison and Deputy Assistant to the President for Legislative Affairs, White House, 2012 to 2014
• Chief of Staff, Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT), 2005 to 2011
• Senior Counsel, Senate Judiciary Committee, 1997 to 2011
• Legislative Counsel, Sen Patrick Leahy (D-VT), 1993 to 1996.
Ed began his professional career as an associate at a large law firm before moving on to serve as a field director for the Clinton-Gore presidential campaign in 1992. During college, he played power forward for four years for the Vermont Catamounts basketball team. He remains active at the University of Vermont as a member of the board of trustees and through alumni and student engagement.
To learn more about Mr. Pagano, please visit his full profile: https://www.akingump.com/en/lawyers-advisors/ed-pagano.html
Senate Liaison and Deputy Assistant to the President for Legislative Affairs, White House, 2012 to 2014
Chief of Staff, Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT), 2005 to 2011
Senior Counsel, Senate Judiciary Committee, 1997 to 2011
Legislative Counsel, Sen Patrick Leahy (D-VT), 1993 to 1996.
Board Member, Legacies of War.
Member, Board of Trustees, University of Vermont
J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 1990
B.S., University of Vermont, 1985
A leader in the lobbying and public policy spaces, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP maintains one of the country’s largest and diverse bipartisan practices in the market. The Washington DC-based team fields expertise from both lawyers and advisers who have both experience in elected offices, as senior staff members of Congress, and in the executive branch of the government. The public law and policy practice at the firm also maintains close relationships with regulators and lawmakers, offering clients a full wrap-around service encompassing legal support, strategy, and lobbying. Tax, trade, health, and financial services are a key areas of expertise for the team, as well as Native American law, energy, and environment. The practice is co-led by intellectual property and and international trade dispute expert Brian Pomper; and transport, tax, and technology specialist Hunter Bates. The team has seen continued growth during 2021, adding international trade, and health and food policy expertise to the already deep bench of individuals. The firm was active in assisting clients in the healthcare sector during and post COVID-19 pandemic, and a destination for companies navigating US/China international trade matters. Arshi Siddiqui has extensive political, private-sector, and policy experience, acting as counsel for both members of the House, and corporate clients before Congress. Ed Pagano is notable for their communications, technology, antitrust, and immigration reform expertise.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Government > Government relations
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: plaintiff
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Education
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: oil and gas
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Industry focus > Native American law
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Corporate governance
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Government > Government contracts
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: high-yield debt offerings
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (International Trade Commission)
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Sport
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (full coverage)
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Dispute resolution > Appellate: courts of appeals / Appellate: supreme courts (states and federal)
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism