Daniel L Nash > Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP Offices
Robert S. Strauss Tower
2001 K Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20006-1037
- Go to...
Daniel L Nash
Represents clients in federal and state courts and before various administrative agencies such as the National Labor Relations Board, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the US Department of Labor. Represents employers in class and complex employment litigation and arbitrations. Clients include employers in the retail, publishing and professional sports industries.
To learn more about Mr. Nash, please visit his full profile: https://www.akingump.com/en/lawyers-advisors/daniel-l-nash.html
Extern law clerk, Honorable Stanley Mosk, California Supreme Court.
BS, cum laude, State University of New York at Cortland; JD, magna cum laude, University of California, Hastings, Note and Comment editor, Hastings Law Journal, Order of the Coif.
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is particularly known for its strong expertise in assisting professional sports teams, leagues and organisations with complex labor and employment issues and litigation. In a recent highlight, the group represented the NFL in a nationwide putative class action brought by retired players for injuries allegedly caused by the use of painkillers and other prescription drugs during their playing careers. Washington DC-based Daniel L Nash, who is especially sought after to represent professional sports clients in high-profile arbitration and court cases, leads the practice.
United States > Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP has notable experience in class and collective actions, often representing large corporations from the retail, food and drink, sports and services industries. The team, which is led by Washington DC-based Bob Lian, acts in wage and hour class actions, labor issues and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) disputes. Supporting these efforts is Daniel L Nash, a recognized litigation lawyer, with arbitration and litigation specialists Stacey Eisenstein and Esther G Lander also noted in Washington DC. In charge of the Los Angeles office is Gregory W. Knopp, who has experience in PAGA claims. Donna Mezias in San Francisco is a key contact for California labor and employment matters. Gary McLaughlin departed in September 2021 to Mitchell Silberberg & Knupp LLP.
- Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense - United States > Labor and employment
- Sport - United States > Industry focus
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Government > Government relations
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: plaintiff
- Finance > Restructuring (including bankruptcy): corporate
- Industry focus > Education
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: oil and gas
- International Trade > International trade
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Industry focus > Native American law
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Corporate governance
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Government > Government contracts
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Labor and employment > Workplace and employment counseling
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: high-yield debt offerings
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (International Trade Commission)
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Sport
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (full coverage)
- Real estate > Real estate
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Dispute resolution > Appellate: courts of appeals / Appellate: supreme courts (states and federal)
- Finance > Commercial lending
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism