Corey Roush > Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP Offices
Robert S. Strauss Tower
2001 K Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20006-1037
- Go to...
Mr. Roush leads the firm’s antitrust/competition practice and heads its Federal Trade Commission (FTC)-facing consumer protection practice. He represents clients in federal antitrust and consumer protection investigations and litigation. He has specific expertise guiding clients through the merger review process before the FTC, DOJ and various attorneys general around the country. He is one of only a handful of antitrust lawyers to litigate against both the FTC and DOJ to preserve proposed and consummated mergers. He also regularly serves as lead counsel in multi-defendant class and non-class action matters and has experience in various industries, including healthcare, technology, energy, chemicals, fuel, advertising, and retail products.
To learn more about Mr. Roush, please visit his full profile: https://www.akingump.com/en/lawyers-advisors/corey-w-roush.html
District of Columbia Bar Association; Antitrust Section, ABA
Georgetown University Law Center (1997, cum laude); Vanderbilt University (1994, magna cum laude)
The ‘expert and responsive‘ Corey Roush heads the antitrust practice at Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP from the Washington DC office. In recent highlights, the team acted for the former director of a generic pharmaceutical company in a criminal grand jury investigation, and represented individuals as well as major financial institutions in investigations launched by the authorities into alleged violations in the securities and foreign exchange markets.
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP‘s Corey Roush is heavily recommended by clients and recently secured, on behalf of Daimler Trucks, a denial of class certification in a claim brought by indirect purchasers as well as the dismissal of a purported class action filed by direct purchasers. In further highlights, Roush and Gorav Jindal are acting for US Concrete in an ongoing class action brought by purchasers of ready-mix concrete in the US Virgin Islands alleging violations of local antitrust laws. Fairley Spillman advised Inguran’s subsidiary, XY, on a monopolization claim filed by Trans Ova in response to XY’s suit for patent infringement, breach of contract and patent infringement. The team is led by Paul Hewitt. All named attorneys are based in Washington DC.
At Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, the antitrust practice is led by Paul Hewitt and the ‘expert and responsive‘ Corey Roush. Roush recently advised 7-Eleven on its $3.3bn takeover of 1,030 convenience from Sunoco, and was also on a team including Fairley Spillman and Gorav Jindal that acted for maritime company Wilhelmsen in its acquisition of Drew Marine. In other highlights, CenterPoint engaged the group to oversee the antitrust aspects of its merger with Vectren to form a leading energy delivery, infrastructure and services company, and Dallas-based Seth Molay represented Diamondback Energy in its acquisition of Energen in an all-stock transaction. Named individuals are based in Washington DC unless otherwise stated.
- Merger control - United States > Antitrust
- Cartel - United States > Antitrust
- Civil litigation/class actions: defense - United States > Antitrust
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: oil and gas
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: middle-market ($500m-999m)
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- Dispute resolution > Appellate
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Corporate governance
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Government > Government contracts
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Finance > Capital markets: debt
- Finance > Capital markets: high-yield debt offerings
- Antitrust > Cartel
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Finance > Project finance
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism