Paul B. Hewitt > Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP Offices
Robert S. Strauss Tower
2001 K Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20006-1037
- Go to...
Paul B. Hewitt
Paul Hewitt is the former long-time head of Akin Gump’s U.S. antitrust and competition practice and has more than 40 years of experience litigating and advising on complex, high-stakes antitrust matters. Mr. Hewitt’s practice focuses on providing antitrust and Hart-Scott-Rodino representation regarding mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures. He has provided antitrust representation in involving a broad range of industries and products including oil, natural gas and NGL extraction, processing, refining, transportation and storage, electricity generation, specialty chemicals, pharmaceuticals and medical devices, health care services, construction materials, agricultural processing and retail food products, shipping, computer software, intellectual property, motion picture exhibition, commodity trading, defense contracting, advertising, and waste management.
To learn more about Mr. Hewitt, please visit his full profile: https://www.akingump.com/en/lawyers-advisors/paul-b-hewitt.html
Trial attorney, Federal Trade Commission (FTC) Bureau of Competition.
Member, governing Council, ABA Antitrust Section; Chair, ABA Antitrust Section’s Mergers & Acquisitions Committee, 2012-2015; Member, ABA Litigation Section.
B.A., Northwestern University, 1971; J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School, cum laude, 1974
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Corporate governance
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: oil and gas
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Investment funds > Alternative/hedge funds
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Government > Government contracts
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Antitrust > Cartel
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (International Trade Commission)
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Finance > Project finance
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (full coverage)
- Dispute resolution > Appellate: courts of appeals / Appellate: supreme courts (states and federal)
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism