John Marciano > Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP Offices
Robert S. Strauss Tower
2001 K Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20006-1037
- Go to...
Partner; Global Projects & Finance
John Marciano III co-heads Akin Gump’s project finance practice and helps clients buy, sell and finance solar, wind, geothermal, fuel cell, biogas, CHP and biomass projects. John has closed dozens of tax-equity transactions involving residential, commercial and utility-scale solar and wind projects, developed new ways to pool large numbers of small distributed power generators, and exported that know-how as solar and wind developers have expanded operations worldwide.
He is the author of the only tax credit reference guide for renewables and a frequent speaker. John is also chairman of the tax committee for the largest solar trade group.
To learn more about Mr. Marciano, please visit his full profile: https://www.akingump.com/en/lawyers-advisors/john-j-marciano-iii.html
Lawyer Rankings(Leading lawyers)
Tapping into a ‘very strong project finance‘ and M&A capability spread throughout the firm’s network of offices on the East and West coasts, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP provides a ‘very high-quality of service and work product‘ to clients engaged in the acquisition, disposal and financing of all aspects of renewables and sustainability projects. Washington DC-based partner John Marciano is co-head of the firm’s global project finance group and provides an ‘exceptional service‘ to developers and financiers engaged in solar and wind energy projects. Both Marciano and Los Angeles-based partner Matthew Nesburn are particularly adept at advising on tax equity financings, an area where they are noted for their ability to ‘balance legal skill with an exceptional commercial sense that is rare among big-law lawyers‘. Los Angeles-based global project finance co-head Daniel Sinaiko combines his very strong financing capability with a growing M&A deal flow across a wide range of energy projects, including many renewables mandates.
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP is a popular choice, particularly among sponsors, for support on major power and renewables projects. The firm represents a broad range of developers, funds and investors on conventional, wind, and solar projects, as well as energy storage developments and community solar deals. The group’s lawyers are well versed across a range of key areas, including debt and tax equity financings. The firm is also doing an increasing amount of work for lenders such as SunTrust Bank and Royal Bank of Canada. The team is jointly led by Daniel Sinaiko in Los Angeles and John Marciano in Washington DC. Other key individuals include Thomas Dupuis and Greg Lavigne in New York.
- Leading lawyers - United States > Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Energy: renewable/alternative power - United States > Industry focus
- Project finance - United States > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Corporate governance
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: oil and gas
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Investment funds > Alternative/hedge funds
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Government > Government contracts
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Investment funds > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Antitrust > Cartel
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (International Trade Commission)
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Finance > Project finance
- Real estate > Real estate
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (full coverage)
- Dispute resolution > Appellate: courts of appeals / Appellate: supreme courts (states and federal)
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism