David Vondle > Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP Offices
Robert S. Strauss Tower
2001 K Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20006-1037
- Go to...
Partner; Intellectual Property
David Vondle represents clients in intellectual property (IP) disputes at the International Trade Commission (ITC), in federal court, and in proceedings at the United States Patent and Trademark Office. David has extensive experience as lead counsel in patent and trade secret cases having significant commercial value involving computer hardware and software, wireless and satellite communications, clean technology, semiconductors, medical devices, and consumer electronics. He has successfully represented U.S. and foreign companies in more than thirty ITC investigations through trial, appeal, and proceedings before the United States Customs and Border Protection. David advises buyers, sellers, investors, and creditors on domestic and global transactions involving IP, including acquisitions, divestitures, restructurings, and joint ventures. David also advises clients on the implementation of programs to protect trade secrets and other confidential information for clients developing autonomous vehicle systems.
To learn more about David, please visit his profile here: https://www.akingump.com/en/lawyers-advisors/david-c-vondle.html
- Member, Artificial Intelligence and Other Emerging Technologies Committee for the Intellectual Property Owner’s Association
- Member, International Trade Commission Trial Lawyers Association.
J.D., University of Houston Law Center, cum laude, 2002
M.S., Ohio State University, 1999
B.S., North Carolina State University, magna cum laude, 1996
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP unites a strong ITC practice and an experienced federal court and PTAB practice under one roof. The team of practice head Steve Maslowski in Philadelphia features an exceptionally high number of lawyers with technical degrees, allowing for thorough understanding of the technological issues at stake in a broad range of sectors. The firm’s core ITC duo consists of Cono Carrano and David Vondle in the Washington DC office.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: oil and gas
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Corporate governance
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Government > Government contracts
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: high-yield debt offerings
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (International Trade Commission)
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Sport
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (full coverage)
- Real estate > Real estate
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Appellate: courts of appeals / Appellate: supreme courts (states and federal)
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism