Cono Carrano > Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP > Washington DC, United States > Lawyer Profile
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP Offices
Robert S. Strauss Tower
2001 K Street, N.W.
Washington, DC 20006-1037
- Go to...
Partner; Intellectual Property
Cono Carrano is a trial lawyer and a registered patent lawyer who focuses his practice on complex patent litigation. His experience primarily involves semiconductors, electronics, software, wireless and optics technology. Cono has worked with patent trial counsel in numerous European and Asian countries. Cono brings a sophisticated technical understanding to matters involving a wide range of IP issues. Cono represents clients before the International Trade Commission, U.S. district courts, the U.S. Patent Trial and Appeal Board and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
To learn more about Cono, please visit his profile here: https://www.akingump.com/en/lawyers-advisors/cono-a-carrano.html
Prior to entering the practice of law, he was a member of the technical staff and designed supercomputers at AT&T Bell Laboratories.
J.D., Hofstra University School of Law
M.E.E., New York University Polytechnic School of Engineering
B.E.E., Stony Brook University, State University of New York
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP unites a strong ITC practice and an experienced federal court and PTAB practice under one roof. The team of practice head Steve Maslowski in Philadelphia features an exceptionally high number of lawyers with technical degrees, allowing for thorough understanding of the technological issues at stake in a broad range of sectors. The firm’s core ITC duo consists of Cono Carrano and David Vondle in the Washington DC office.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Industry focus > Energy transactions: oil and gas
- Industry focus > Energy: renewable/alternative power
- Dispute resolution > International trade
- Media, technology and telecoms > Media and entertainment: transactional
- Investment fund formation and management > Alternative/hedge funds
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Corporate governance
- Media, technology and telecoms > Cyber law (including data privacy and data protection)
- Government > Government contracts
- Labor and employment > Labor and employment disputes (including collective actions): defense
- Investment fund formation and management > Private equity funds (including venture capital)
- Finance > Capital markets: debt offerings
- Finance > Capital markets: high-yield debt offerings
- Dispute resolution > General commercial disputes
- Antitrust > Merger control
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (International Trade Commission)
- Dispute resolution > Securities litigation: defense
- Industry focus > Sport
- Antitrust > Civil litigation/class actions: defense
- Intellectual property > Patents: litigation (full coverage)
- Real estate > Real estate
- M&A/corporate and commercial > M&A: large deals ($1bn+)
- Tax > US taxes: non-contentious
- Dispute resolution > Appellate: courts of appeals / Appellate: supreme courts (states and federal)
- Dispute resolution > Corporate investigations and white-collar criminal defense
- M&A/corporate and commercial > Shareholder activism