Mr Gavin Weir > Akin Gump LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Akin Gump LLP Offices
TEN BISHOPS SQUARE
- Go to...
Mr Gavin Weir
Partner; Cross-Border Transactions
Gavin Weir leads domestic and cross-border mergers, acquisitions and corporate financings under English law. He has significant experience managing public and private M&A transactions, takeovers, auctions and joint ventures, as well as public offerings, corporate governance matters and reorganisations. He has advised on multi-jurisdictional transactions across Europe, Asia, the Middle East and the Americas, and across industries including in particular financial institutions, technology and life sciences.
To learn more about Mr Weir, please visit his full profile: https://www.akingump.com/en/lawyers-advisors/gavin-weir.html
Publications: Outlook for European M&A; Financial Institutions M&A Trends; Private Equity Trends in FIG M&A; Fintech M&A Trends.
L.P.C., The College of Law, 1995; B.A., Oxford University, 1994.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Akin Gump LLP‘s London office is highly regarded by clients for its ‘depth of talent and resources’ on high-value, cross-border transactions. The team is particularly noted for its strength in emerging markets, handling major energy, TMT, and infrastructure deals for clients in locations such as Russia, the CIS, Africa, and Latin America. Joint practice heads Sebastian Rice and Daniel G. Walsh both boast significant experience in international M&A, variously specialising in private equity, venture capital, and telecoms deals. The practice is benefitting from its 2019 hires; Gavin Weir is roundly praised by clients as ‘the definition of a trusted adviser’, Shaun Lascelles is recommended for his deep knowledge of international oil and gas markets, while Weyinmi Popo is a key contact for Africa-focused private equity sponsors, strategic investors and family offices.
- Leading individuals - London > Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+
- M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+ - London > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds (including infrastructure funds)
- Investment fund formation and management > Hedge funds
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Finance > Debt capital markets
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition: trade, WTO anti-dumping and customs
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+