Mr Daniel G. Walsh > Akin Gump LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Akin Gump LLP Offices
TEN BISHOPS SQUARE
- Go to...
Mr Daniel G. Walsh
Partner; Cross-Border Transactions
Daniel Walsh represents both acquirors/investors and their targets/investees in acquisitions and investments in major markets around the world. His clients span industries including energy, telecommunications, technology, mining and manufacturing. He also handles public and private international and U.S. equity and debt offerings, representing both issuers and underwriters.
- Handles international and U.S. domestic acquisitions, joint venture and private equity transactions, as well as public and private international and U.S. equity and debt transactions.
- Assists with transactions in Europe, Latin America, Russia and the CIS, Africa, Asia and the United States.
- Counsels boards and management of public companies on corporate governance matters.
- Member of the firm’s management and compensation committees.
To learn more about Mr. Walsh, please visit his full profile: https://www.akingump.com/en/lawyers-advisors/daniel-g-walsh.html
J.D., Columbia University School of Law, 1991; B.A., Columbia University, cum laude, 1988
Akin Gump LLP‘s London office is highly regarded by clients for its ‘depth of talent and resources’ on high-value, cross-border transactions. The team is particularly noted for its strength in emerging markets, handling major energy, TMT, and infrastructure deals for clients in locations such as Russia, the CIS, Africa, and Latin America. Joint practice heads Sebastian Rice and Daniel G. Walsh both boast significant experience in international M&A, variously specialising in private equity, venture capital, and telecoms deals. The practice is benefitting from its 2019 hires; Gavin Weir is roundly praised by clients as ‘the definition of a trusted adviser’, Shaun Lascelles is recommended for his deep knowledge of international oil and gas markets, while Weyinmi Popo is a key contact for Africa-focused private equity sponsors, strategic investors and family offices.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Corporate restructuring & insolvency
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds (including infrastructure funds)
- Investment fund formation and management > Hedge funds
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Power (including electricity, nuclear and renewables)
- Corporate and commercial > Private equity: transactions - mid-market deals (up to £250m)
- Finance > Debt capital markets
- Industry focus > Emerging markets
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition: trade, WTO anti-dumping and customs
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious
- Investment fund formation and management > Private funds
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Dispute resolution > International arbitration
- Finance > Bank lending: investment grade debt and syndicated loans
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: premium
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: non-contentious/regulatory
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: upper mid-market and premium deals, £500m+