Juliana Sá de Miranda > Machado Meyer Sendacz e Opice Advogados > São Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Machado Meyer Sendacz e Opice Advogados Offices
R. JOAQUIM FLORIANO
1052 – SÃO PAULO
- Go to...
Juliana Sá de Miranda
White-Collar Crime, Compliance and Integrity, Infrastructure And Energy, Mining, Oil and Gas, Financial Services, Technology, Esg and Impact Businesses
Miranda has more than twenty years of experience in the defense of Brazilian and international clients’ interests in complex national and transnational investigations.
Her practice encompasses the areas of consulting and litigations. She assesses criminal risks and conducts criminal and anticorruption due diligences in corporate transactions, further defending Business Criminal Law cases related to environmental, financial, tax, antitrust, labor, consumer, capital markets, and other issues, including claimed violations to anticorruption laws and to related criminal laws.
She further has recognized experience in the provision of internal investigations of claimed compliance violations for corporate clients, advising them on possible improvements to compliance programs and trainings.
Miranda’s integrated practice has joined our multidisciplinary crisis management team, which includes partners within the fields of Environment, Antitrust, Compliance, Litigations, Finances, and Labor and Tax.
- Brazilian Bar Association (São Paulo and Rio de Janeiro)
- Representative of the International Bar Association (IBA) Criminal Law Commission for South America (2015-2017)
- Member of the Brazilian Institute for Criminal Sciences (IBCCRIM)
- Instituto Brasileiro de Ciências Sociais (Brazil) – Specialization Course in Law and the Internet, 2011
- Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics (SCCE) – Certification in Compliance & Ethics Professional International (CCEP-I), 2010
- Business School São Paulo (Brazil) – Specialization Course in Business Management, 2007
- Fundação Getulio Vargas (Brazil) – Specialization Course in Criminal Law and Economic Criminal Procedural Law, 2005/2006
- Universidade de Coimbra (Portugal) and Brazilian Institute for Criminal Sciences (Brazil) – Graduate Degree in Economic and European Criminal Law, 2000
- Universidade de São Paulo – USP (Brazil) – Bachelor of Laws, 1999
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
With wide-ranging expertise in administrative and judicial proceedings, Machado Meyer Sendacz e Opice Advogados offers an integrated white-collar crime and compliance practice, which also benefits from the firm’s strength in tax and antitrust departments, with which the group frequently collaborates. Highly regarded anti-corruption and business criminal law expert Juliana Sá de Miranda is a key reason for the firm’s success in this field; with over 20 years’ experience, she is regularly sought by clients in the financial services, energy, logistics and life sciences sectors for assistance with complex cases. Associate Gabriela Estefania Paredes Arcentales is another key member of the team.
The combined compliance and white-collar crime practice at Machado Meyer Sendacz e Opice Advogados is highlighted for its ‘experience, credibility, engagement and organisation‘. Its vast experience in corporate investigations sees it representing clients in sensitive investigations into allegations of fraud, unfair competition, cartels and environmental law breaches, among other matters. The full-service firm has a loyal client base, including in the banking and financial services sector, and the compliance practice’s strength sees it continuing to attract instructions from new clients across the technology, real estate, chemicals and mining industries. Juliana Sá de Miranda brought her white-collar and compliance practice to the firm in 2019, combining her expertise with that of anti-corruption, antitrust and crisis management partner Marcos Paulo Veríssimo, who also benefits from his previous experience at the Brazilian Development Bank (BNDES) and competition regulator (CADE). Gisela Ferreira Mation and associate Gabriela Silveira Viana are also key contacts.
- Leading individuals - Brazil > White-collar crime and investigations
- Compliance - Brazil
- White-collar crime and investigations - Brazil
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Corporate and M&A
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Brasilia > Litigation
- Projects and infrastructure
- Public law
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Tax > Tax advisory
- Tax > Tax litigation
- Transport: Aviation
- Capital markets
- Competition and antitrust
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity (and renewable energy)
- Energy and natural resources > Hydrocarbons
- Real estate
- Wealth and succession planning
- City focus - Belo Horizonte > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- Energy and natural resources > Mining
- Life sciences
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- White-collar crime and investigations