Maria Eugenia Novis > Machado Meyer Sendacz e Opice Advogados > São Paulo, Brazil > Lawyer Profile
Machado Meyer Sendacz e Opice Advogados Offices
R. JOAQUIM FLORIANO
1052 – SÃO PAULO
- Go to...
Maria Eugenia Novis
Competition and atitrust
Maria Eugênia specializes in filings, investigations, and negotiations with the Administrative Council for Economic Defense (CADE).
Large part of her work concerns analysis of antitrust risks and drafting of specific M&A contractual provisions; definition of strategy and conduction of complex antitrust filings before CADE; defense of clients in investigations on cartel and abuse of dominance cases; negotiation of leniency agreements and settlement agreements with CADE; and assistance in internal investigations of anticompetitive practices. Additionally, Maria Eugênia regularly assists clients in antitrust compliance programs.
Maria Eugênia has experience in providing legal assistance to clients of several industry areas, such as: automotive, packaging, pharmaceutical, medical equipment, chemical and petrochemical, energy, paper and cellulose, oil and gas, communication, and technology.
- Brazilian Bar Association (OAB)
- Brazilian Institute for Competition, Consumer and International Trade Studies – IBRAC (Advisor, 2011 a 2015, Compliance Director, 2016)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Universidade Federal da Bahia, Brazil (Bachelor of Laws, 1997)
- Law School of the Leiden University, Netherlands (LL.M. International Business Law, 2003)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Machado Meyer Sendacz e Opice Advogados‘ highly regarded competition department has recently been particularly active in complex domestic merger filings, and also stands out for its capabilities in cross-border merger notifications. Household name companies also seek the firm’s representation in cartel and abuse of dominance investigations before CADE, and it is also establishing a practice in antitrust litigation, challenging the decisions of the competition authority. The team has considerable experience in cases involving the healthcare and energy sectors, and also attracts instructions from companies operating in the financial services, real estate and automotive industries, among others. Experienced competition law expert Maria Eugênia Novis advises on merger cases and investigations, as well as antitrust compliance and the competition aspects of commercial practices. She leads the department, which includes managing partner Tito Amaral de Andrade; public law, competition and compliance partner Marcos Paulo Veríssimo, and several active senior associates, including Ana Bátia Glenk and Érica Sumie Yamashita.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Corporate and M&A
- Labour and employment
- City focus - Brasilia > Litigation
- Projects and infrastructure
- Public law
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Tax > Tax advisory
- Tax > Tax litigation
- Transport: Aviation
- Capital markets
- Competition and antitrust
- Dispute Resolution: Litigation
- Energy and natural resources > Electricity (and renewable energy)
- Energy and natural resources > Hydrocarbons
- Real estate
- Wealth and succession planning
- City focus - Belo Horizonte > Commercial, corporate and M&A
- Dispute Resolution: Arbitration
- Energy and natural resources > Mining
- Life sciences
- TMT: Tech, innovation and digital business
- White-collar crime and investigations