Hubert De Vauplane > Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP > Paris, France > Lawyer Profile
Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP Offices
47, AVENUE HOCHE
- Go to...
Hubert De Vauplane
EU Banking and Finance Regulation and Compliance
Hubert de Vauplane is in charge of Fintech practice in the Paris office with partner Gilles Saint Marc, offering a global and integrated vision on regulatory and transactional structuring and operations matters.
Hubert advises on EU and French laws on financial services, banking regulation, e-money payment services, virtual assets regulation, blockchain legal issues.
Hubert advises mainly FinTech, VASP, Funds, corporates and financial institution.
Hubert is also professor at the Paris Institute for Political Sciences (IEP Paris), teaching banking law and blockchain legal issues.
To read more, visit Hubert de Vauplane | Kramer Levin
French, English, Spanish
- EU Commission, ROFIEG (Regulatory obstacles to financial innovation), Member
- European society for Banking and Financial Law, Honory chairman
- R.I.M.E. (Panel of Recognized International Market Experts in Finance)
- French High Legal Committee for the Paris Finance Marketplace (Haut Comite Juridique de la Place Financiere de Paris)
- EU Commission, Securities and Claims Expert Group, Member
- Professor at the Paris Institute for Political Sciences (IEP Paris)
- ACPR/AMF FinTech Commission, Member
- European Crowdfunding Network (ECN) : Hubert de Vauplane, Member
- Participative Financing France (Financement Participatif France – FPF), Member
- Financial Market Law Committee : Hubert de Vauplane, Member
- France Fintech : Hubert de Vauplane, Member
Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP regularly acts for banks and financial institutions in high-stakes regulatory audits and disciplinary investigations led by the AMF. The team is currently involved in a number of matters pertaining to stock market abuse allegations, for example involving false information dissemination, market price manipulation and activism issues. Hubert de Vauplane and Hugues Bouchetemble co-head the practice which welcomed Mathieu Françon, formerly of counsel at Bredin Prat, in November 2021.
Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP acts for French and international asset management funds as well as for financial internet platforms whom the firm assists with AMF controls and investigations. The team is notably involved in false information dissemination and activism-related cases. Compliance is also dealt with. Hubert de Vauplane and Hugues Bouchetemble are in charge of the practice.
Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP assiste des banques et des institutions financières dans le cadre d’audits réglementaires et d’enquêtes disciplinaires AMF. L’équipe est aussi impliquée plusieurs d’affaires concernant des allégations d’abus de marché ; diffusion de fausses informations, manipulation de cours ou encore activisme actionnarial. La pratique est codirigée Hubert de Vauplane et Hugues Bouchetemble et comprend Mathieu Françon, (ex of counsel chez Bredin Prat ) qui a rejoint le cabinet en novembre 2021.
Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP‘s team stands out for its experience in relation to ‘crypto currencies and new technologies combined with expertise regarding financial products‘, aptly identifying the department’s broad offering. The practice is focused across three core areas comprised of traditional regulatory work, fintech and payment services. Corporate governance, distribution of banking products and dealing with supervisory authorities forms the mainstay of its activity in conventional regulatory matters. On the fintech side the department provides legal advice to start-ups and industry leaders on transactions, tech issues and regulation. Developing e-money solutions is the key aspect of its payment services work, with a good track record advising banks and providers in this space. Hugues Bouchetemble and Hubert de Vauplane jointly lead the team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: Bank regulatory
- Dispute resolution: Stock market litigation
- Capital markets: debt capital markets
- Private equity: venture/growth capital
- Banking and finance: transactional work
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation
- Real estate
- EU, competition and distribution
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private equity: venture/growth capital