Matt Jones > Browne Jacobson LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Browne Jacobson LLP Offices
6 BEVIS MARKS
- Go to...
Business & Professional Risk
Matt is a 3 year PQE associate in the team.
He specialises in contentious construction matters and also deals with non-contentious matters.
Matt works for a range of our clients including high net-worth private individuals, local authorities, façade and ground work engineers as well as for a range of tier one main contractors and sub-contractors. He has recently completed a secondment at Mace.
Training Contract – 2014-2016 Plexus Law London. Qualified as a solicitor in England and Wales in September 2016.
September 2016- January 2017- Plexus Law London- Professional Indemnity Solicitor
January 2017- December 2018- BLM LLP- Property and Construction Law – Solicitor
January 2019- Present- Browne Jacobson LLP Construction Associate.
June 2019-August 2019 Mace Group Legal Department- Client Secondment
Society of Construction Law, Junior Lawyers Division.
University of Warwick- 2009-2012 LLB (Hons) 2.1.
University of Law- LPC 2013-Distinction.
Browne Jacobson LLP offers advise on both national and international construction projects within the private and public sectors. It has particular expertise in disputes in the waste to energy sector, as well as for cladding and student accommodation-related issues. Tim Claremont heads the team, and has significant experience in advising on real estate and high-value public sector projects. The team is supported by Matt Jones, who specialises in contentious construction matters.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Public sector > Healthcare
- Public sector > Local government
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Industry focus > Retail and consumer
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)