Tim Claremont > Browne Jacobson LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Browne Jacobson LLP Offices
6 BEVIS MARKS
- Go to...
Construction and property risk
Tim is the head of our construction and engineering team, which comprises 3 Partners, a Legal Director, 9 Solicitors (rising to 11 in early 2020), 2 trainees and a paralegal.
He has extensive experience advising clients in relation to both domestic and international engineering and construction matters. Clients praise his engagement with the issues and pragmatic and quick responses.
He continues to advise on major national and international projects, including major disputes for Centrica, Zurich Insurance plc, the Japanese heavy industry contractor IHI and in relation to two large waste to energy projects. His other recent work includes advising Yara, the world’s largest producer of ammonia, nitrates & NPKs, regarding an arbitration in relation to a new fertilizer terminal in Tanzania.
Trained Lovells; qualified 2002; associate in commercial disputes team at Lovells, London (2002-04); senior associate (associate until 2007) in PEC disputes team at Lovells, London (2005-08); senior associate, heading up the PEC disputes team at Lovells, Tokyo (2008-10); senior associate in PEC disputes team at Hogan Lovells, London (2010-11); partner in the Browne Jacobson construction team, Nottingham (2011-12), then London (2014-date).
Basic French and Japanese.
Society of Construction Law.
Cantell Secondary School, Southampton; The United World College of the Atlantic, sixth form; the Queen’s College, Oxford (1998 BA Hons Jurisprudence 2(1)); Oxford Institute of Legal Practice (1999 LPC).
Skiing, hiking, playing and watching football and cricket, reading, theatre and cinema.
Browne Jacobson LLP offers advise on both national and international construction projects within the private and public sectors. It has particular expertise in disputes in the waste to energy sector, as well as for cladding and student accommodation-related issues. Tim Claremont heads the team, and has significant experience in advising on real estate and high-value public sector projects. The team is supported by Matt Jones, who specialises in contentious construction matters.
Browne Jacobson LLP advises on major national and international projects, acting for clients across the construction industry in both the private and public sectors. Tim Claremont leads the team, with extensive experience advising on domestic and international engineering and construction matters, including on clean energy projects.
Browne Jacobson LLP has a strong national team which defends claims against a range of professionals including legal professionals, accountants, surveyors/valuers, actuaries and architects. Team head Ed Anderson has twenty-five years experience in defending claims, specialising in complex claims in areas such as tax and pensions. ‘Standout partner’ Jonathan Newbold who is based in Nottingham, is head of financial services and insurance. Tim Claremont leads the construction and engineering team, and has broad experience advising on both domestic and international claims.
- Construction: contentious - London > Real estate
- Professional negligence - London > Insurance
- Construction: non-contentious - London > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Public sector > Healthcare
- Public sector > Local government
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property: trade marks, copyright and design
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Industry focus > Retail and consumer
- Real estate > Construction: contentious
- Insurance > Insurance and reinsurance litigation
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Corporate and commercial > Venture capital
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Real estate > Construction: non-contentious
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Fintech
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)