Ian Deakin > Browne Jacobson LLP > Manchester, England > Lawyer Profile
Browne Jacobson LLP Offices
3rd Floor, No.1 Spinningfields
1 Hardman square, Spinningfields
- Go to...
Business and Professional Risk
Ian is an employment partner and leads our Manchester team. Ian advises clients across the full spectrum of employment issues including litigation, strategic issues and day to day advice. Ian specialises in Employment Tribunal litigation as well as Employment Status and TUPE transfers.
Last year’s Legal 500 entry stated that Ian gives “sound and commercial advice”. Ian continues to support the growth of the employment team in the North West and nationally and is a recognised and formidable employment tribunal advocate.”
- Gunnercooke LLP – 2016 to 2017
- Pinsent Masons LLP – 2006 to 2016
- Pannone LLP – 2002 to 2006
- White Rose Academy Trust: Non-Executive Director
- Warrington Wolves Supporter’s Trust: Board Member
- Legal Practice Course – 2004
- Law and English LLB – 2000
Browne Jacobson LLP acts for both public and private sector clients in employment matters, including IR35 audits, employee exit agreements, TUPE transfers, and employment tribunal claims. The practice experienced changes in 2020 as former practice head Kerren Daly transferred to the firm’s Nottingham office, with Ian Deakin taking over as head of the Manchester office. Deakin, who was promoted to partner in September, is noted for his experience in employment tribunal matters, including discrimination claims.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Health and safety
- Public sector > Local government
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Commercial property: Manchester
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Manchester
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant