Peter Jones > Browne Jacobson LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Browne Jacobson LLP Offices
CASTLE MEADOW ROAD
- Go to...
Peter is a partner in our team and heads our national employment practice. He has over 30 years’ experience in all aspects of employment law including contentious and non-contentious issues. He advises on a wide range of employment related subjects. He acts for many high profile organisations in both the public and private sector. He leads the insurance employment claims handling team and HR team.
Peter assists with risk assessment associated with employment related situations and the management of such risk, including:
• advising on procedures leading to termination of employment including disciplinary matters and settlement agreements;
• advising on grievances and their consequences;
• dealing with claims relating to redundancy, discrimination, unfair and wrongful dismissal and other contentious employment matters;
• dealing with circumstances (including disputes and industrial action) involving trade unions and other employee representatives;
• providing training to clients in relation to employment related topics; and
• regularly advising on all non-contentious employment issues such as TUPE and the drafting and implementation of contracts and other related documentation.
Qualified 1990; partner Browne Jacobson LLP 2005. Regular contributor to employment seminars, workshops and other training sessions.
Employment Lawyers Association.
College of Law, Guildford.
Sport and history.
Browne Jacobson LLP acts on ‘a wide variety of high quality sports work‘, both contentious and non-contentious, and has the ‘ability to draw on other areas of the team’s expertise‘, such as insurance, corporate governance, regulatory, property, employment, commercial, health and safety to provide a rounded service to sports clients. For example, Kevin Lawson, a specialist for complex and serious injury claims, regularly assists in leisure and equine claims and acts for governing bodies in various sport disciplines. Peter Jones is an employment specialist who assists sport clubs with terminations of employment, disciplinary matters and settlement agreements.
Browne Jacobson LLP’s employment practice offers a full array of services to its clients, such as advising on internal procedures, assisting with immigration matters and representing clients in employment disputes. The ‘very professional and approachable’ team acts for public and private clients alike and has particular experience in the education, public, health and insurance sectors. Practice head Peter Jones is experienced in all aspects of contentious and non-contentious employment law and assists clients with risk assessments associated with employment related situations, including grievances, discrimination, redundancies and wrongful dismissals. Kerren Daly relocated from Manchester to join the Nottingham team during 2020.
- Sport - East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Employment - East Midlands > Employment
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Private finance initiative (PFI)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport