Victoria Curran > Browne Jacobson LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Browne Jacobson LLP Offices
CASTLE MEADOW ROAD
- Go to...
Insurance and Public Risk
Victoria is a Partner with management responsibilities across the large loss and Technical Claims Teams. She specialises in Defendant insurance litigation with particular expertise in the areas of sport and catastrophic injury claims, workplace violence and high value and technical product liability claims. Victoria also manages sub-teams specialising in pursuing recovery actions and housing litigation.
Victoria is adept at understanding her client’s concerns be they financial, reputational or commercial and clients value Victoria’s insight, commercial awareness and understanding of their needs and preferred methods of achieving their desired outcomes. Her dedication to delivering results for her clients saw her awarded Leicestershire Law Society Solicitor of the Year in 2011 and a shortlisting in the Law Society Excellence Awards 2011.
Victoria is often asked to provide training to clients on risk prevention and strategic claims handling and is a member of the FOIL Product Liability SFT. Victoria recently appeared on the insurance expert panel at the Law in Sport Annual Conference, providing insights on vicarious liability in a sporting context.
- Weightmans LLP – 2005 – 2014
- Freeth Cartwright LLP – 2003 – 2005
- Solicitor – admitted September 2007
- LPC (Commendation) – 2003
- LLB Law (Hons) (2.1) – 2002
Comprising of a ‘conscientious group of lawyers with a large volume of top quality, complex NHS clinical negligence work’ Browne Jacobson LLP is a market leading defendant practice. Lorna Hardman chairs the national clinical negligence department, and has 25 years’ experience of advising NHS and private bodies on complex and high value claims, inquests and serious incidents. Sarah Erwin-jones is the primary partner for social care claims, while Ian Long has an interest in on wrongful birth and ambulance service cases. Kelly Buckley is another key figure for NHS defendant litigation. Victoria Curran and James Fawcett , head of personal injury group, continue to hold a busy case load in employers’ liability, public liability and claims arising from equality and Human Rights legislation, acting for local authority, government bodies and insurance clients.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Private finance initiative (PFI)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport