Tim Johnson > Browne Jacobson LLP > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Browne Jacobson LLP Offices
CASTLE MEADOW ROAD
- Go to...
Business and professional risk/financial and professional risk.
Tim is a partner specialising in insurance policy drafting and distribution, and associated commercial and compliance issue.
Tim heads up Browne Jacobson’s insurance wordings team, which advises insurers, MGAs and brokers on their policy wordings. Tim and his team have a particular focus on the readability of policy wordings, and are regularly instructed to redraft policies in plain English, using techniques developed in conjunction with leading linguists from the University of Nottingham. Tim and his team often advise in relation to major projects such as the creation of suites of policy wordings and associated documents both for new market entrants and for existing markets when launching new product lines.
Tim also advises clients on commercial, regulatory and compliance issues relating to the distribution of regulated insurance products and services, including compliance with ICOBs, IDD and CASS. His clients include Lloyd’s syndicates, retail insurers, overseas insurers, MGAs, brokers and broker networks.
Tim regularly advises brokers and other insurance intermediaries on all aspects of general regulatory compliance, including regularly advising on compliance issues in the context of disposals and acquisitions of regulated entities.
Trained Browne Jacobson, qualified 2006, partner 2014. Trainee solicitor 2004-06; assistant solicitor 2006-10; associate 2010-14; partner 2014-date.
French (fluent business and legal).
Lancaster Royal Grammar School; University of Leicester (LLB Law with French Law and Language (Hons)); Univeristé Paris-Sud (Diplôme Juridique).
Athletics (member of Notts AC) and golf.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Private finance initiative (PFI)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Public sector > Public sector
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport