Clare Auty > Browne Jacobson LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Browne Jacobson LLP Offices
VICTORIA SQUARE HOUSE
- Go to...
Business services: commercial health
Clare is head of the Commercial Health Team and leads the Independent Health and Social Care practice across the firm. Clare is also a member of the Board.
She is a proven corporate/commercial solicitor and executive with over 15 years’ in-house experience managing legal functions, eight at board level. She has over 15 years healthcare experience. Clare has direct provider experience from being on the Board of a mental health provider a private acute hospital. She understands the numerous challenges faced by providers. Clare has a breadth of legal knowledge including core commercial and corporate law to employment, pensions, risk and governance.
Clare specialises in health and social care transactions, service transfers, commercial contracts and healthtech.
- St Andrew’s Healthcare – 2008 – 2015
- Coors Brewers Limited – 2004 – 2008
- Torex Retail – Feb 2004 – July 2004
- Torex Plc – 2000 – 2004
- Watson Burton Solicitors – 1998 – 2000
- Herbert Mallam Gowers – 1996 – 1998
- Independent Sector representative on the Staff Passport Group
- Working Party Member on Access to NHS Pension Scheme including drafting Regulations
- Working Party Member on TUPE Guide for NHS staff transferring to Independent Sector
- Working Party Member on new Framework Agreement for Mental Health
- Director of Three Shires Hospital (Acute hospital JV between St Andrew’s/BMI)
- April 1998 Qualified
- 1994 – 1995 LPC (Commendation) Chester College of Law
- 1993 – 1994 LLM European Business Law (Commendation) UVA, ASIR – Dissertation – UK Remedies for Breach of Arts 85 and 86
- 1990 – 1993 LLB Business Law (2:1) – University of Huddersfield
- Various management and legal training course including mini-MBA at Warwick, Delivering Strategy at Cranfield and Employment Law Diploma
Under the leadership of Catherine Rustomji the practice at Browne Jacobson LLP continues to flourish. Recently it has been busy advising on governance matters and has increasingly been advising on family and corporate foundations. The team advises charities, not-for-profit organisations, social enterprises as well as charity trustees and individuals who wish to establish charities both regionally and nationally. Clare Auty is particularly knowledgeable about trading charities in the health and social care sector.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant