Selina Hinchliffe > Browne Jacobson LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Browne Jacobson LLP Offices
VICTORIA SQUARE HOUSE
- Go to...
Browne Jacobson LLP has a strong national reputation for its trade mark dispute work, having recently represented LEVC (formerly the London Taxi Vehicle Corporation) in a widely reported trade mark dispute with Frazer-Nash and Ecotive involving the famous shape of black cabs. Declan Cushley leads the national practice from Birmingham and focuses on non-contentious IP. Other key figures include IP litigators Cerryg Jones and Mark Daniels and transactional lawyers Alex Watt and Selina Hinchliffe, who advise on licensing, sponsorship and advertising issues and portfolio management. Bonita Trimmer and associate Giles Parsons are the other names to note for IP and designs disputes.
Browne Jacobson LLP is widely recognised as a market-leading powerhouse for corporate and commercial work, a reputation reflected by its outstanding track record of advising on n high-profile matters. Its diverse client roster includes private equity houses and management teams, international corporates, listed companies and local businesses. Gavin Cummings heads up the firm’s private sector practice. Another key figure is Nigel Blackwell, who has expertise in private equity transactions, such as MBOs/MBIs and investor-led buyouts. Mark Hughes is also recommended for his private equity deal experience. The healthcare sector is a notable area of strength of the firm; Oliver Pritchard acts for public, private and third sector healthcare organisations. Recently appointed head of business services Richard Medd specialises in advising public authorities on matters such as incorporations, and constitutional and governance issues. The firm also stands out in the commercial sphere, with its wide-ranging workload including agency and distribution agreements, franchise agreements and consumer protection matters; Paula Dumbill and Selina Hinchliffe are names to note. Victoria Gaskell and Helen Morgan are among the highly regarded associates at the firm.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: defendant
- Public sector > Education
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury: defendant
- Human resources > Employment
- Public sector > Health
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Construction