Philip Gray > Browne Jacobson LLP > Birmingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Browne Jacobson LLP Offices
103 Colmore Row
- Go to...
Philip leads the Birmingham Beds Sector team acting for public and private sector clients on residential and mixed use projects across the country.
He works for a number of regional house builders and commercial/mixed use developers specialising in site acquisition and assembly.
Philip also advises public sector organisations, including Homes England on site acquisitions and disposals for residential development and also as part of Homes England’s Home Building and Infrastructure Funds, providing development finance to regional house builders and local authorities.
His recent work includes a site acquisitions in the North West; Derby city centre; and a number of sites in Bedfordshire and Oxfordshire (which are intended to provide more than 1,000 new homes). He has also recently advised on the disposal of local authority land in the Midlands for the provision of c.900 new homes and strategic infrastructure.
Valued by his clients for his ability to unlock potential deal-breaking issues and being a strong negotiator, his experience of development across the public and private sectors set him apart from many lawyers in the residential development sector.
- Higgs & Sons (Associate, 2013-2017)
- Higgs & Sons (Solicitor, 2010-2013)
- Kirwans Solicitors (Trainee Solicitor/Solicitor, 2007-2010)
- Solicitor (admitted September 2009)
- LPC (2007)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Studies (Common Professional Exam) (2006)
- BA Hons Economic & Social History & Political Science (2005)
Browne Jacobson LLP‘s diverse public and private sector clientele regularly seek out the team for assistance in a range of development and regeneration matters. Practice co-chair Dominic Swift , who splits his time between Birmingham and Nottingham, is a highly experienced commercial property lawyer who regularly advises some of the firm’s leading public sector and higher education clients. Thomas Howard specialises in local authority investment matters, working on a range of site acquisitions and projects involving healthcare operators. Zo Hoida focuses on public sector regeneration schemes with international stakeholders, including civic and residential redevelopments. Senior associate Philip Gray is noted for his capabilities in mixed-use projects. All named lawyers are based in Birmingham unless stated otherwise.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Public sector > Education
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: defendant
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Birmingham
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Construction
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Birmingham
- Real estate > Planning