Ashley Fleming > Harper Macleod LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Harper Macleod LLP Offices
45 GORDON STREET
- Go to...
Ashley specialises in immigration, asylum and nationality law and has extensive experience advising businesses and individuals on all aspects of UK immigration law having worked in this area since 2005. She is dual qualified in Scotland and England & Wales.
Ashley regularly acts for businesses, providing strategic advice to corporate clients to assist with their business planning, most recently in relation to Brexit and sponsorship under the skilled worker route. She also represents clients in defending civil penalty notices for allegedly employing illegal workers.
Ashley has significant experience of working with high-net-worth individuals and entrepreneurs. She also has particular expertise in obtaining endorsements for clients under the Global Talent Visa scheme.
Ashley regularly assists clients with their family-based applications, EU Settlement Scheme applications and applications for naturalisation. She is often instructed to provide expert reports for the courts in care proceedings and acts for local authorities, providing advice and training in relation to children and young persons in care.
In addition to her advisory work, Ashley is a skilled litigator, with experience of litigating cases at all levels from the First Tier Tribunal to the Court of Justice of the EU. Ashley also has a particular interest in complex EU law and recently acted for a national charity in a successful judicial review challenge of Home Office Covid-19 guidance which resulted in a positive change to government policy guidance.
Ashley is a regular trainer for the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association and writes on developments in immigration law and is a member of the Law Society of England and Wales Immigration Law Committee.
LLB (Hons) LLM LPC
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Immigration
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Planning