John Pringle > Harper Macleod LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Harper Macleod LLP Offices
45 GORDON STREET
- Go to...
John regularly acts for lenders and borrowers in a broad spectrum of transactions including general corporate banking, acquisition finance, real estate and development finance, mezzanine finance, invoice and asset finance, housing finance, shipping finance, investment finance, crowd funding and restructuring/refinancing.
He has drafted and updated standard form lending, security, guarantee and invoice financing documentation for many lenders operating in the UK market. John is also regularly involved in complex and high-value transactions, often with multi jurisdictional issues.
John’s expertise also includes, amongst other things, all forms of fixed and floating securities, guarantees, intercreditor issues, hedging and derivative issues, challengeable transactions and deal structuring.
He is active across various sectors including healthcare, retail, renewables, food & drink and sport.
John has experience working with a range of lenders from large international financial institutions (including most major lenders active in the UK market), to government backed investment funds, pension schemes and niche lenders and acts for numerous well known Scottish businesses in relation to their banking and finance requirements.
LLB (Hons) Dip LP NP
Harper Macleod LLP’s practice is fronted by Tony Cameron, a veteran of countless acquisition, real estate, project and asset finance transactions who also acts on general corporate banking, receivables and restructuring mandates; he is particularly active within the hotels, healthcare, energy, housing and marine economy industries and is supported by John Pringle, a lawyer who regularly caters to alternative lenders, and Jacqui Fraser, well-versed in real estate back security documentation and multijurisdictional deals.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Immigration
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Planning