Heather Calderwood > Harper Macleod LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Harper Macleod LLP Offices
45 GORDON STREET
- Go to...
Heather has experience in a variety of civil litigation including road traffic, medical negligence, credit hire, employer liability, public liability and beauty claims. Heather specialises in complex personal injury reparation involving catastrophic injuries, fatalities, fraudulent claims, indemnity disputes, liability disputes and medical negligence. In this role, Heather acts for a variety of insurance companies, private individuals and private companies in connection with litigated and non-litigated claims and regularly appears in Sheriff Courts throughout Scotland and handles a wide range of cases in the Court of Session.
Heather regularly provides training for clients’ on a variety of issues including developments in case law and aspects of Scottish court procedure.
Heather is accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a specialist in Personal Injury.
Heather is a member of the Chartered Insurance Institute, the world’s largest professional body dedicated to insurance and financial services. Within this role, Heather is also a member of her local Institute, the Insurance and Actuarial Society of Glasgow.
LLB (Hons) Dip LP
Harper Macleod LLP’s clinical negligence practice sits within the firm’s wider personal injury group and is headed by Elizabeth Mitchell from Glasgow. It is highlighted as a ‘great team dedicated to achieving the best for their clients’, and covers wrongful death and stillborn deaths, foetal abnormalities including spina bifida, and catastrophic injuries to children. Heather Calderwood has ‘excellent judgement and a strong ethical sense’ and specialises in surgical errors and wrongful death claims, frequently appearing in the Court of Session. Also of note is senior associate Amy Dickson who has an active caseload covering dental, nursing and midwifery claims.
‘Displaying excellent judgment’, Harper Macleod LLP’s personal injury practice handles complex and high-value claims covering fatal accidents at work, catastrophic injuries and fatal accidents abroad. Spearheaded by Elizabeth Mitchell, the group is made up of key partner Heather Calderwood in Glasgow who focuses on wrongful death and fatal claims, and senior associate Amy Dickson, who frequently appears before the Sheriff Courts on public liability matters. Marina Harper was promoted to the partnership and is the key contact for serious injury work.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Immigration
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Planning