Julie Doncaster > Harper Macleod LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Harper Macleod LLP Offices
45 GORDON STREET
- Go to...
Julie Doncaster, Inverness & Highlands Lawyer, advises clients on wills, estate and succession planning, inheritance tax advice, formation, management and termination of trusts, charity law, powers of attorney, guardianships, planning for nursing home care costs and the administration of executries. She has a particular interest in personal injury trusts and succession arrangements for business and farm owners.
Julie has successfully argued numerous high value tax cases with HMRC. She has provided opinions for high net worth personal injury cases and has advised and worked with many charities reviewing their structure and improving their day to day administration.
She regularly presents to external organisations on her specialist areas; personal injury trusts, estate and tax planning and care of the elderly and frequently contributes to legal publications on these matters.
Julie tutors on the Diploma in Legal Practice at both Glasgow and Strathclyde Universities.
LLB (Hons) with French Dip LP NP
Noted for its ‘forensic level of detail’, Harper Macleod LLP‘s team is led by Pamela Niven in Glasgow, and undertakes an assortment of activity across complex estate planning work, taxation matters and trusts for high-net-worth individuals. Trust creation and administration matters are dealt with by Jacqueline Leslie, while Julie Doncaster in Inverness is the main point of contacts in the Highlands; various rural businesses and farmers are key clients. Also of note is new partner Kathleen Martin, who specialises in complex executries.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Immigration
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Planning