John Meehan > Harper Macleod LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Harper Macleod LLP Offices
45 GORDON STREET
- Go to...
Clients come to John for his strategic advice on how to shape and structure their deals for the best commercial solution. With his wide ranging experience in all aspects of commercial property law, commercial property finance, insolvency related property matters and tax, John ensures that all stakeholders’ interests are considered.
John has an excellent reputation for being efficient, firm and fair. John’s work includes:
- land and development deals (including clawback & overage)
- property joint venturing
- property finance/forward funding
- risk analysis & strategy for realisation or restructuring of distressed property or insolvency
- coordinating due diligence on property related due diligence.
He has his own dedicated team of lawyers with whom he has worked for over 10 years. In larger deals, he is the principal contact for clients and manages the various specialisms and other external professional advisers to keep the deal on the commercial track.
As well as the advisory work, John also deals with the project management of lawyers on other deals at home & abroad.
LLB (Hons) (Tax) Dip LP
Harper Macleod LLP demonstrates a track record in the full array of commercial property matters; examples include residential and commercial development, distressed property, real estate finance, lease re-gears and portfolio transactions. John Meehan fronts the practice which is knowledgeable of an equally broad spectrum of asset classes, namely residential, retail, healthcare, telecoms, utilities, hospitality and leisure.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Immigration
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Planning