Tony Cameron > Harper Macleod LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Harper Macleod LLP Offices
45 GORDON STREET
- Go to...
Tony has significant experience in acting for both lenders and borrowers in a wide range of transactions including acquisition finance, real estate finance, project finance, housing finance, asset finance, working capital solutions and restructuring/refinancing.
Tony’s expertise also extends to, among other areas, advising on guarantees, intercreditor issues, challengeable transactions and hedging documentation. He regularly handles and helps to structure complex and high-value transactions, often involving multi-jurisdictional issues, and is able to draw on knowledge and skills gained in his background in large-scale project finance transactions.
Having spent time on secondment in a non-legal role within the corporate and structured finance team of a major UK bank, Tony delivers a service which is sharply focused on the requirements of a lender and equally applies an understanding of bank processes and motivations to achieve the best possible outcome for borrowers. He enjoys strong relationships with all of the lenders operating in the Scottish market and has acted for a range of well-known Scottish businesses in relation to their banking and finance requirements.
Tony is focussed on ensuring that clients’ aspirations are met both in terms of achieving the best deal possible and delivering transactions within the time frames required.
Tony also coordinates the Ireland country desk, part of Harper Macleod’s international offering.
LLB (Hons) Dip LP
Harper Macleod LLP’s practice is fronted by Tony Cameron, a veteran of countless acquisition, real estate, project and asset finance transactions who also acts on general corporate banking, receivables and restructuring mandates; he is particularly active within the hotels, healthcare, energy, housing and marine economy industries and is supported by John Pringle, a lawyer who regularly caters to alternative lenders, and Jacqui Fraser, well-versed in real estate back security documentation and multijurisdictional deals.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Immigration
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Planning