Amy Dickson > Harper Macleod LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Harper Macleod LLP Offices
45 GORDON STREET
- Go to...
Amy is an experienced Personal Injury solicitor and delivers advice and assistance to insurer and individual clients in relation to pursuer and defender cases, including high value cases. Amy has significant experience in relation to serious injury cases, credit hire and fraudulent claims. In addition, she provides training and assistance to the Personal Injury team for technical advice. She is technically sound in relation to all aspects of liability decisions and is experienced in dealing with Road Traffic Accidents, Employers Liability, Public Liability and all serious injury cases.
She carries out regular appearance work in relation to actions raised in Sheriff Courts throughout Scotland, including the All Scotland Personal Injury Court and the Court of Session. Amy has also appeared frequently before Sheriff Principals in relation to Appeal cases.
Amy provides frequent training sessions to clients and third-party organisations and provides opinions on prospects of success and valuations for pre-litigation and post-litigation cases. Amy runs our internal technical liability clinic for solicitors and paralegals in order to ensure we obtain a favourable, fair and just outcome for clients.
Amy also coordinates the Mexico country desk, part of Harper Macleod’s international offering.
LLB (Hons) Dip LP
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
The medical negligence team at Harper Macleod LLP sits within the firm’s personal injury and reparation department, and is led by Heather Calderwood , who works with well-regarded senior associate Amy Dickson. The practice focuses on claims for wrongful death and foetal abnormalities, among others, and the firm has recently seen an increase in claims involving children. Elizabeth Mitchell is the overall head of the firm’s personal injury and reparation department.
- Rising stars - Scotland > Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Medical negligence: pursuer - Scotland > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Local government
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment