Amy Dickson > Harper Macleod LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Harper Macleod LLP Offices
45 GORDON STREET
- Go to...
Amy is an experienced Personal Injury solicitor and delivers advice and assistance to insurer and individual clients in relation to pursuer and defender cases, including high value cases. Amy has significant experience in relation to serious injury cases, credit hire and fraudulent claims. In addition, she provides training and assistance to the Personal Injury team for technical advice. She is technically sound in relation to all aspects of liability decisions and is experienced in dealing with Road Traffic Accidents, Employers Liability, Public Liability and all serious injury cases.
She carries out regular appearance work in relation to actions raised in Sheriff Courts throughout Scotland, including the All Scotland Personal Injury Court and the Court of Session. Amy has also appeared frequently before Sheriff Principals in relation to Appeal cases.
Amy provides frequent training sessions to clients and third-party organisations and provides opinions on prospects of success and valuations for pre-litigation and post-litigation cases. Amy runs our internal technical liability clinic for solicitors and paralegals in order to ensure we obtain a favourable, fair and just outcome for clients.
Amy also coordinates the Mexico country desk, part of Harper Macleod’s international offering.
Amy is accredited by the Law Society of Scotland as a specialist in Personal Injury.
LLB (Hons) Dip LP
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Harper Macleod LLP’s clinical negligence practice sits within the firm’s wider personal injury group and is headed by Elizabeth Mitchell from Glasgow. It is highlighted as a ‘great team dedicated to achieving the best for their clients’, and covers wrongful death and stillborn deaths, foetal abnormalities including spina bifida, and catastrophic injuries to children. Heather Calderwood has ‘excellent judgement and a strong ethical sense’ and specialises in surgical errors and wrongful death claims, frequently appearing in the Court of Session. Also of note is senior associate Amy Dickson who has an active caseload covering dental, nursing and midwifery claims.
Described as a ‘force to be reckoned with’, the personal injury group at Harper Macleod LLP is instructed by large insurers, public bodies and private individuals across complex issues including employer and public liability, clinical negligence, and industrial diseases. Practice head Elizabeth Mitchell has experience in defender actions and oversees the group which features solicitor advocate Suzanne McGarrigle, who is the key name for litigating cases before the Sheriff Court and Court of Session, specialising in liability and medical causation. Senior associate Amy Dickson is also a key name and acts on behalf of insurance companies.
‘Displaying excellent judgment’, Harper Macleod LLP’s personal injury practice handles complex and high-value claims covering fatal accidents at work, catastrophic injuries and fatal accidents abroad. Spearheaded by Elizabeth Mitchell, the group is made up of key partner Heather Calderwood in Glasgow who focuses on wrongful death and fatal claims, and senior associate Amy Dickson, who frequently appears before the Sheriff Courts on public liability matters. Marina Harper was promoted to the partnership and is the key contact for serious injury work.
- Rising stars - Scotland > Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Medical negligence: pursuer - Scotland > Insurance
- Personal injury: defender - Scotland > Insurance
- Personal injury: pursuer - Scotland > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Immigration
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Planning