Chris Kerr > Harper Macleod LLP > Glasgow, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Harper Macleod LLP Offices
45 GORDON STREET
- Go to...
Chris primarily advises family owned and owner managed businesses based throughout Scotland, including many with business interests in a number of other jurisdictions.
Recent work and deals include acting for a number of well known Scottish based businesses on a range of matters including in relation to mergers, acquisitions, disposals, and business and owner succession planning.
Sectors in which Chris has been active and has a particular interest are in the marine economy, transport and healthcare.
Chris is the Lead Partner for our Highlands, Islands & Moray operation. He has in the past, participated in the Entrepreneurship course run by the Hunter Centre for Entrepreneurship at the University of Strathclyde, tutored at the Glasgow Graduate Law School in Company and Commercial Law on the Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice, and lectured in Company Law at Inverness College. Chris has also held non-executive director appointments on the board of two Highland-based companies.
Chris also coordinates the Norway country desk, part of Harper Macleod’s international offering.
Chris has previously been shortlisted as a “Rising Star” and “Corporate Lawyer of the Year” at the Law Awards of Scotland.
Qualifications: LLB (Hons) Dip LP NP
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Employment > Immigration
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Licensing
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: pursuer
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Insurance > Personal injury: pursuer
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Construction
- Employment > Employment
- Real estate > Planning