Sally Peedom > Collas Crill > Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands > Lawyer Profile
Collas Crill Offices
Floor 2, Willow House Cricket Square
PO Box 709
Grand Cayman KY1-1107
- Go to...
International Private Client and Trusts
Sally specialises in both contentious and non-contentious international trusts and private client work. As a commercial litigator, she also has experience in shareholder disputes, and insolvency litigation and general commercial disputes. Sally has over nine years of experience working offshore, in both Cayman and Guernsey.
Sally regularly advises trustees, high net worth individuals, family offices and charitable organisations on the establishment, restructuring and administration of trust structures, including in relation to the use of STAR trusts, Foundation Companies and private trust companies. Sally also advises on trust matters relating to the establishment and administration of investment funds structured as unit trusts, pension trusts and employee benefit trusts. Sally has significant experience in relation to trust litigation matters, including in relation to applications for directions, court blessings, mistake and rectification, as well as grants of probate and letters of administration, and resealing foreign grants.
Prior to moving to Cayman in December 2016, Sally worked in Guernsey and in Australia for several years.
Work highlights include:
- Acted on behalf of a numerous trustees or beneficiaries in connection with several notable rectification, mistake or blessing applications
- Advising the joint official liquidators of Platinum Partners Value Arbitrage Fund LP
- In the matter of AA (as Trustee of the A Trust) – represented outgoing trustees in an in camera application for a court blessing to replace the trustee in light of investigations being carried out by the Serious Fraud Office
- TCCI & Ors v East Forest Green Limited (in liquidation) & others – acted for a former Guernsey Trustee and its directors in relation to a claim for breach of trust and dishonest assistance
- Friends Life Group Scheme of Arrangement – assisted with advising on the £5.6bn acquisition of the Friends Life Group
- Jackson & Ors v Dear & Ors – acted for the Tetragon entities in relation to a derivative action filed in the Royal Court of Guernsey against Tetragon entities and its executive and independent directors
- Carlyle Capital Corporation Limited (in liquidation) and Ors v. William Elias Conway Jnr and Ors. – assisted on a complex multi-jurisdictional dispute representing The Carlyle Group and its executive directors in relation to a claim for breach of directors’ duties brought by the liquidators of the Carlyle Capital Corporation for losses exceeding $1bn.
Sally is admitted as a Solicitor in New South Wales and the High Court of Australia, and as an attorney-at-law in the Cayman Islands. Sally is also the Cayman Jurisdictional Editor for ITPA. Sally is recognised for her trusts and commercial litigation expertise by Legal 500 and Chambers Europe.
McCabes Lawyers, 1999-2001, Sydney
Cutler Hughes & Harris, 2002-2005, Sydney
MinterEllison, 2005-2010, Gold Coast
Ogier, 2010-2016, Guernsey
Appleby, 2016-2018, Cayman
Sally joined Collas Crill in 2018.
Sally completed a Masters of Law and Management (UNSW) in 2005, specialising in Corporate Insolvency. She has also completed the Advanced Certificate in Trust Disputes (STEP) and is TEP qualified
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Collas Crill‘s private client and trusts team handles complex trust litigation work and high-value cross-border wealth structuring matters. The practice is chaired by Andrew Peedom, whose expertise spans trust litigation before the Privy Council and the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands and general commercial advisory work. Senior associate Sally Peedom acts for institutional trustees and high-net-worth individuals, including clients from the Bahamas, Switzerland, and the UK.