Jo Hossack > Collas Crill > Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands > Lawyer Profile
Collas Crill Offices
Floor 2, Willow House Cricket Square
PO Box 709
Grand Cayman KY1-1107
- Go to...
Corporate, Finance and Funds
Jo has a wide range of experience in several jurisdictions, focused on banking and finance transactions, with a particular interest in ESG and sustainable finance.
She is admitted to practice in England and Wales and the Cayman Islands.
Jo has 13 years of experience advising corporates, financial institutions, issuers and sponsors on the financing aspects of all manner of transactions. She trained and qualified as an English solicitor before moving offshore, where she worked with two top ten firms before returning to English practice with Foot Anstey.
Her experience is varied, ranging from advising the project company on the financing of a deep geothermal well in the UK, to acting on the financing of one of the early cryptocurrency start-ups.
Work highlights include:
- Advised the project company in the financing of a deep geothermal well in Cornwall, UK.
- Advised the sponsor in relation to the simultaneous establishment of a US$2 billion note issuance programme and US$2 billion Sukuk programme by two Caymanian SPVs, in relation to developments in Dubai (including the Dubai Mall and the Burj Khalifa).
- Advised two Chinese property investment groups on Cayman and BVI elements of various note issuances, including the variation and release of security over numerous entities.
- Advised a Ukrainian investment fund on various intra-group lending transactions, involving the negotiation of transaction documents, the grant, amendment and release of security interests and the hedging of risk.
- Advised the founders of a leading blockchain technology company on a loan facility secured by data centres and mining hardware (as well as a subsequent refinancing).
- Advised a major Gulf-based Islamic bank on a dual Murabaha financing to BVI companies that own large UK property portfolios.
- Advised a well-known superyacht manufacturer on its senior facilities.
Jo trained and qualified with Norton Rose Fulbright, spending five years in its Middle East practice before making the move offshore. She spent a year in Jersey but soon missed the sunshine and made her way to the Caribbean, where she worked in the Cayman and BVI offices of a well-known firm.
In 2019 she moved back to the UK with Foot Anstey, where she regrouped, gained useful experience and developed her professional network further.
Lawyer Rankings(Firms to watch)
Collas Crill‘s banking and finance practice is headed by Jo Hossack, who routinely advises corporates, financial institutions, issuers and sponsors. Natalie Bell leads the capital markets practice, and is noted for advising on funds finance matters.