Kieran Ogilvie > Carey Olsen > St Peter Port, Guernsey > Lawyer Profile
Carey Olsen Offices
PO BOX 98, CAREY HOUSE
ST PETER PORT
- Go to...
Kieran Ogilvie is a senior associate in our commercial property team in Guernsey.
Kieran has extensive experience advising on a wide range of commercial property matters with a particular focus on commercial leasing (for both landlord and tenant), property development, property finance, property investment, and the property aspects of corporate transactions having acted on many high-profile acquisitions. Particular project experience includes:
- acting for a large public body in a UK wide lease renewal project for over 300 office buildings – the portfolio value exceeded £400 million.
- providing property support for a US corporate acquisition involving a target company with an annual revenue of circa $3 billion.
- advising on the property aspects in the purchase of the business and assets of a UK energy efficiency provider, involving the surrender and grant of numerous commercial leases for office and industrial units.
- acting for one of the largest landowners in Scotland, advising on numerous renewable energy developments, ranging from micro hydro schemes to some of the largest on shore wind developments in the UK.
- advising some of the largest natural resource explorers in the UK, with a focus on gold exploration and mining.
Kieran has specialised in commercial property since qualifying as a solicitor in 2014, having trained at one of Scotland’s largest firms, Harper Macleod LLP, before moving to Shoosmiths LLP in Edinburgh working in one of the largest real estate practices in the UK. He moved offshore in 2019 to continue his commercial property practice with Carey Olsen in Guernsey. Kieran is also a member of the Law Society of Scotland.
Kieran completed his Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) at the University of Glasgow where he graduated with First Class Honours in 2011, before completing his Diploma in Legal Practice at the University of Edinburgh in 2012.
Carey Olsen‘s commercial property practice houses a large team of Guernsey property law specialists. Practice head Jason Morgan takes the lead on market-leading sales and purchases of office and retail assets, while Davey Le Marquand advises on issues concerning the leasing of historical island sites and developments and mixed-use sites. Senior associate John Le Tissier brings further long-term experience in domestic property law. Also at senior associate level, ‘excellent negotiator‘ Rachel Jones is a go-to name for planning law advice and guidance, while associate Kieran Ogilvie adds strength to financial lending mandates.