Kate Andrews > Carey Olsen > St Helier, Jersey > Lawyer Profile
Carey Olsen Offices
- Go to...
Banking and Finance; Corporate; Restructuring and Insolvency; Taxation and Economic Substance Requirements; Listing Services
Kate has over 20 years’ experience of cross-border corporate finance transactions with particular experience in restructuring and corporate rescue (including debt-for-equity transactions), enforcement, insolvency, acquisition finance, fund finance and real estate finance.
Kate’s recent transactions include advising:
- The creditors committee in relation to the c.£200 million debt restructuring of FatFace, a UK-headquartered apparel retail business
- The committee of lenders in the debt restructuring of Travelex
- The ad hoc committee of creditors and the company in connection with the financial restructuring of Doncasters Group
- The ad hoc committee of convertible bondholders of Steinhoff Finance Holding GmbH
- The ad hoc group of bondholders on the restructuring of bonds issued by Vieo B.V. and capital restructuring of Lebara Group
- The ad hoc group creditors in respect of the restructuring of a “household name” UK retailer
- The lenders and initial purchasers in respect of super senior revolving credit facilities and related bond issuances for Domestic & General Group
- A satellite technology group in respect of the establishment of a Jersey holding structure and related financing
- The bidder in the financing of a public takeover of a Swedish-listed company incorporated in Switzerland
- The lenders in respect of the restructuring and US$1bn refinancing of the holding structure for two offshore oil drilling rigs
Kate has also been involved with a number of legislative proposals in Jersey.
Kate joined Carey Olsen in 2013 and became a Jersey advocate in February 2016. She previously worked in London, first with Clifford Chance and then with White & Case before joining Norton Rose. She also completed secondments at two investment banks. Kate’s onshore experience has given her the ability to deliver a city service of the highest standard.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Carey Olsen handles a diverse range of work in this space, and is particularly active on TISE listings. Simon Marks and Kate Andrews handle work primarily focusing on high-yield debt, but also including investment funds, securitisations and cash boxes-listed local exchange, often working with counsel Matthew Ecobichon. James Willmott‘s corporate practice includes IPO work involving local and London exchanges.
Carey Olsen‘s ‘responsive, commercial and practical‘ team is particularly active for banks, and is on the panels of a majority of leading names in the space. Practice head Robin Smith, in addition to dealing with trophy asset deals, regularly advises RBS International, and also handles fund finance work. Kate Andrews has restructuring expertise on top of her activity in the offshore legs of UK real estate finance transactions – an area where Peter German utilises his expertise on trophy London assets and more unusual properties. Below partner level, Fiona Dalton is a key counsel, and David Patterson and Rebecca McQuillan are two key promotions to senior associate, joining the ‘excellent‘ Laura McConnell.
- Banking and finance - Jersey
- Capital markets - Jersey
- Leading individuals - Jersey > Banking and finance
- Leading individuals - Jersey > Capital markets
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Commercial property
- Corporate and commercial
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution
- Investment funds
- Private client, trusts and tax
- Dispute resolution > Regulatory and white-collar crime