Kevin O'Loughlin > Simcocks > Douglas, Isle Of Man > Lawyer Profile
Isle Of Man
- Go to...
Alternative Investment Market
Collective Investment Schemes
Corporate and Commercial
Kevin has considerable experience in corporate and private client fields and practises in company law, trust law, funds, regulation and pension law.
He has advised companies in relation to Isle of Man aspects of corporate activity such as mergers and takeovers and listings, including in relation to associated pensions implications. He regularly advises professional trustees in relation to all aspects of trust administration.
- Bar of Ireland (non-practising)
- Isle of Man Law Society
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Board Member STEP Isle of Man
- Co chair of STEP Isle of Man’s Technical Sub Committee
- Associate of the Chartered Insurance Institute (1988)
- King’s Inns, Dublin (1993)
- M.Sc. International Banking and Finance, Liverpool John Moores University (2005)
- Called to the Bar of Ireland 1993
- Admitted Isle of Man 2009
Lawyer Rankings(Rising stars)
Simcocks is adept in real estate transactions, M&A and corporate restructuring. Key members of the team include practice head Irini Newby, who is particularly strong in real estate transactions, and Alex Spencer, who focuses on M&A and general corporate work. Associate Kevin O’Loughlin is also recommended.
Providing ‘trustworthy legal advice promptly and cost-effectively’, Simcocks is well known in the local market for its work on structuring trusts and foundations. Practice head Phil Games works on these high value and multi-jurisdictional structures, with additional expertise as a Notary Public. At associate level, he is supported by family law specialist Caroline Jennings, who is singled out for her ‘quick thinking‘ and ‘depth of knowledge‘, and Kevin O’Loughlin, who is also an expert in trust law.
- Private client, trusts and tax - Isle of Man
- Rising stars - Isle of Man > Private client, trusts and tax
- Rising stars - Isle of Man > Corporate and commercial
- Corporate and commercial - Isle of Man