Tom Davies > Bedell Cristin > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Bedell Cristin Offices
11 OLD JEWRY
- Go to...
- Banking & Finance
- Corporate & Commercial
- Economic Substance
- Funds & Investment Structures
Tom is a partner in the financial services law group based in our London office. He joined Bedell Cristin in 2013 from another leading offshore law firm and became a partner in September 2017.
Tom is recognised in the primary legal directories for his client care and transactional skills and has significant experience with private funds and joint ventures. He has substantial experience in a wide variety of transactions including:
- the establishment of Jersey structures for holding and acquiring real estate;
- borrower side advice for property (and other asset) financings;
- the sale and purchase of Jersey asset holding structures; and
- corporate transactional and advisory work.
Tom works closely with the City’s prominent law firms and with many of the offshore corporate administration firms. He regularly presents training seminars to onshore law and accounting firms on Jersey real estate structures and is the current chairman of the IPF Next Generation Committee. He is also the firm’s primary liaison with the Association of Real Estate Funds.
- Attorney – New York (non-practising)
Not admitted in Jersey
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Singled out for its ‘commercial pragmatism’, Bedell Cristin’s London based financial services practice has a track record acting exclusively in Jersey law transactions, covering investment funds, corporate finance work and debt equity listings. Jointly managed by Bruce Scott, who is highlighted as an ‘absolute star’, and Tom Davies, who handles corporate real estate deals, the wider team includes senior associate Adam Bartels who handles borrower side financing transactions and Nkechi Hokstad who advises on acquisitions. ‘Excellent associate’ Daniel McAviney is rated by clients for his expertise in energy transactions and has demonstrable strength advising on bonds and loan notes for large US private equity houses.
- Next Generation Partners - London > Offshore firms in London > Offshore firms in London
- Offshore firms in London - London > Offshore firms in London