Amy Demetriou > Mourant > St Helier, Jersey > Lawyer Profile
22 GRENVILLE STREET
- Go to...
Finance & Corporate
I joined Mourant Ozannes in Jersey in 2008, and I am part of the Jersey Finance & Corporate practice. I became a partner of Mourant LP in 2020. I have significant experience in a wide range of corporate and finance transactions, advising leading global corporate and financial institutions.
I have a particular focus on structured finance, debt capital markets and securitisation transactions for clients including investment banks, private equity groups and issuers.
Prior to joining Mourant Ozannes, I worked in the Debt Capital Markets team at Simmons & Simmons in London.
- Solicitor, England and Wales, 2007 (currently non-practising) – not admitted in Jersey
- LLM Legal Practice Course at Nottingham Law School
- Law with American Law LLB from The University of Nottingham (The University of Texas at Austin, School of Law)
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
At Mourant, capital markets work is a core component of the firm’s wider finance and corporate practice, and the team has experience in complex debt and equity transactions. One area of expertise is cashbox structures, while the group is also well-versed in mandates involving public M&A and bond issuances. In 2021, Robert Hickling was instructed on major bond issuances, but he is also an expert in equity deals. James Hill has a varied practice involving cashbox share placings, IPOs and high-yield bond issuances. Amy Demetriou has built a strong practice in relation to securities. Gareth Rigby oversees the team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Corporate and commercial
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution
- Investment funds
- Private client, trusts and tax
- Dispute resolution > Regulatory and white-collar crime