Stephen Alexander > Mourant > St Helier, Jersey > Lawyer Profile
22 GRENVILLE STREET
- Go to...
Commercial litigation, arbitration and regulatory matters
I’m a Partner in our Jersey litigation practice.
I’m a Partner in our Jersey practice and have broad experience in multi-jurisdictional commercial litigation, arbitration and regulatory matters.
I regularly advise on a wide range of commercial disputes, insolvencies and restructurings with a particular focus in the areas of contentious trust matters, partnership and investment fund disputes, banking litigation and corporate liquidations and reorganisations.
I’ve been involved in some of the largest and most complex trust proceedings, funds disputes and insolvencies in Jersey and the Cayman Islands, and have regularly appeared before the English, Cayman Islands and Jersey courts.
I am listed on the Citywealth Leaders List, 2018.
- The Jersey Law Society
- The Law Society of the Cayman Islands
- The Law Society of England and Wales
- The International Bar Association
- Insol International
- The Restructuring and Insolvency Association in the Cayman Islands
- The Association of Restructuring and Insolvency Experts (ARIES) in Jersey
- Sit on the Legal and Regulatory Committee of ARIES
- Sit on the Law Society of Jersey Committee
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
The litigation and dispute resolution group at Mourant covers the entire spectrum of contentious work. Stephen Alexander ‘is an innovator in the restructuring field‘, often working with ‘tenacious advocate‘ Justin Harvey-Hills and counsel Luke Olivier in headline proceedings for major creditors. The contentious trusts team is similarly broad; key names include Bruce Lincoln (the group’s practice head with ‘integrity and professionalism‘), Jonathan Speck and Mathew Cook; it also has expertise in representing private clients in fraud, asset tracing and partnership disputes. Counsel Katie Hooper is an experienced advocate who successfully obtained freezing orders in a multijurisdictional action against a high-wealth beneficial owner.
- Dispute resolution - Jersey > Dispute resolution
- Next Generation Partners - Jersey > Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance
- Capital markets
- Corporate and commercial
- Dispute resolution > Dispute resolution
- Investment funds
- Private client, trusts and tax
- Dispute resolution > Regulatory and white-collar crime