Mrs Alana Gillies > Mourant > St Peter Port, Guernsey > Lawyer Profile
ST JULIAN'S AVENUE
ST PETER PORT
- Go to...
Mrs Alana Gillies
I’m a Partner at Mourant Ozannes (Guernsey) LLP in the Guernsey Corporate practice. I provide advice on all aspects of Guernsey corporate law.
I moved to Guernsey to join Mourant Ozannes in May 2014 and specialise in Private M&A, Banking & Finance and Commercial Contracts.
I act for a diverse client base including private limited companies, funds, institutional lenders and individuals (local and international).
Some of my key clients include SGG Group (now IQ EQ), Brookfield, WPP Group, EFG Private Bank, HSBC and the ARM Insurance Group.
Prior to joining Mourant Ozannes, I worked at Anderson Strathern in Scotland for six years. There I was part of the team advising City Legacy (a consortium of building contractors) on the funding and development agreement with Glasgow City Council for the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
I am also a qualified mental health first aider and undertake the role of MHFA in the Guernsey office of Mourant Ozannes.
- Advising Brookfield on the acquisition of Fleetway House II Limited/Newus Place in a £169.4million deal
- Advising SGG Group on the acquisition of Augentius
- Advising Ascendas REIT on the acquisition of the Oxenwood Logistics Portfolio in a £207million deal
- Advising SG Hambros on the cross-border amalgamation of the SG Hambros and Kleinwort Benson’s regulated trust and bank businesses
- Advising MW Eaglewood Group on its merger with Pollen Street Capital creating a £2bn firm (becoming one of Europe’s largest investment managers on specialist lending assets)
- Advising Paloma Capital on its acquisition of RVB Investments in a £90 million deal
- Advocate, Guernsey, 2021
- Solicitor, Scotland, 2008 (currently non-practising)
- Registered as a Notary Public, Scotland
- Guernsey Bar
- Diploma in Legal Practice from Glasgow Graduate School of Law
- LLB (Hons) from Glasgow University