Nicholas Fox > Mourant > Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands > Lawyer Profile
PO BOX 1348, 94 SOLARIS AVENUE
GRAND CAYMAN KY1-1108
- Go to...
Litigation and Insolvency
I’m a Partner and the Local Practice Leader of the Litigation and Insolvency department in the Cayman Islands office.
I’m a Partner and the Local Practice Leader of the Litigation and Insolvency department in the Cayman Islands office. I joined Mourant in 2010 and have over 10 years’ experience of litigation in the Cayman Islands and BVI.
Before joining Mourant, I worked at another leading offshore law firm. Prior to that, I spent over 5 years practising at the London Bar.
I have extensive experience in fraud and asset tracing, insolvency and financial services litigation, as well as regulatory matters.
- Acted on a number of complex, high value fraud cases, including as part of the Mourant team acting for the Plaintiffs in the AHAB v Saad litigation, pursuing a claim of over US$6bn in the Cayman Islands.
- Have advised a substantial number of court-appointed liquidators and receivers on many complex and high-value cross border disputes, including advising the BVI liquidators of the Madoff-affected Kingate Funds.
- Advised, obtained and opposed ancillary relief in support of foreign and domestic proceedings, including freezing orders, Norwich Pharmacal orders and other forms of interim relief.
- Advised on a number of complex, high value and time sensitive regulatory matters.
- Fellow of INSOL
- The Insolvency Lawyers’ Association
- Recovery and Insolvency Specialists Association (Cayman)
- Admitted as an attorney in the Cayman Islands, 2009
- Admitted as a Barrister in the BVI, 2008
- Called to the Bar of England and Wales, 2003 (currently non-practising)
- MA Jurisprudence, Oxford University
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Steered by fintech and digital currency specialist Nicholas Fox, Mourant is regularly engaged on a range of cross-border contentious matters, acting for a diverse roster of asset managers, public sector bodies, and fast-growth companies. Peter Hayden is a highly experienced commercial litigator who regularly appears before the Court of Appeal and the Privy Council on high-value cases. Hector Robinson KC is also a seasoned advocate before the Grand Court and Court of Appeal, with recent engagements including judicial review proceedings on behalf of the Cayman Islands Monetary Authority. Simon Dickson specialises in representing shareholders in fair value section 238 litigation, while Christopher Harlowe – who divides his time between the firm’s London and Cayman offices – focuses on cross-border restructuring and insolvency-related litigation. Jonathan Moffatt, who was promoted to partner in 2022, is a name to note for company law disputes and cross-jurisdictional liquidations.