Alastair Lagrange > Mourant > Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands > Lawyer Profile
PO BOX 1348, 94 SOLARIS AVENUE
GRAND CAYMAN KY1-1108
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
I’m a Senior Associate in our Cayman Islands specialist regulatory team.
I’m a Senior Associate in our Cayman Islands specialist regulatory team, advising on anti-money laundering, sanctions, CRS, economic substance, beneficial ownership, data protection, inspections and remediation, licensing and registration applications, and FinTech and virtual assets.
I also have significant experience in the establishment, restructuring, management and termination of investment funds, and in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, banking and finance, and corporate governance.
Prior to joining Mourant in 2018, I was an associate at a full service commercial firm in Western Australia.
- Attorney in the Grand Court of the Cayman Islands
- Practitioner of the High Court of Australia, 2016 (currently non-practising)
- Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Western Australia, 2011 (currently non-practising)
- Bachelor of Laws with Distinction, The University of Western Australia, 2009
- Bachelor of Science with First Class Honours in Biochemistry, The University of Western Australia, 2009
Cayman Islands > Regulatory and compliance
Mourant‘s cross-disciplinary practice advises a diverse roster of corporate and financial heavyweights on all manner of regulatory, compliance and governance issues. Steered by the dual-qualified (BVI and Cayman) Sara Galletly, the team has advised on a growing volume of enforcement matters, including AML and CFT regulatory inspections, CRS compliance, and economic substance requirements. Senior associate Alastair Lagrange‘s wide-ranging practice encompasses fintech and virtual asset matters.