Mrs Elizabeth Wilson > Wrigleys Solicitors LLP > Leeds, England > Lawyer Profile
Wrigleys Solicitors LLP Offices
19 COOKRIDGE STREET
- Go to...
Mrs Elizabeth Wilson
Education, Charity Property, Ecclesiastical Property and Transport
Elizabeth deals with all aspects of property work specialising in commercial and charity property.
Particular specialisms include:
Charity Property – Elizabeth heads the charity property team and advises charities, social enterprises and other voluntary, community and faith organisations, in particular:
– Faith – Elizabeth has a particular interest in ecclesiastical law and advises various church bodies in several Anglican dioceses, including a diocesan board of finance, diocesan board of education and parochial church councils. She also advises religious orders, independent churches and other faith based charities.
– Community-led housing – Elizabeth advises on the property aspects of community led housing where she acts for co-housing groups, community land trusts and cooperatives, together with other community-led projects from museums to town halls.
– Education – Elizabeth advises schools on the property aspects of conversion and on-going advice related to Academy status.
Railway Property – Elizabeth leads a team who act for several major Train Operating Companies dealing with all property aspects relating to railway premises including station and depot leasing, acquisitions, disposals, station lettings and development projects
- Committee member – Ecclesiastical Law Society
- Member of the Charities’ Property Association and Charity Law Association
Wrigleys Solicitors LLP fields a dedicated rail property practice, working with train operating companies across the UK on issues relating to station redevelopments, retail property tenancies, whole franchise leasings and wider strategy planning issues. The team also provides training to franchises, particularly new entrants to the market, on UK legal issues relating to protected tenancies and planning regulations, utilising the firm’s ‘superb legal knowledge’ in the sector. Elizabeth Wilson leads the team, with extensive experience in acting across all areas of rail property, supported by property department head Rachel Meredith. Richard Marson was promoted to partner in 2019, having won plaudits for his ‘judgement and advice’.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate