Gill Summers > Brodies LLP > Aberdeen, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Brodies LLP Offices
31-33 UNION GROVE
- Go to...
Corporate and commercial.
Partner in the corporate department; an experienced corporate and commercial lawyer. Practice areas include company and business acquisitions and sales, joint ventures, corporate governance, incorporations, shareholders’ agreements and partnerships, with particular experience of the fishing industry licence and quota transactions. Notary Public.
Trained Peterkins, Aberdeen; qualified 1990; solicitor Peterkins 1990-92, associate 1992-94; founding partner Davies Wood Summers LLP 1994-2011; partner Brodies LLP 2011.
St Margaret’s School, Aberdeen; Edinburgh University (LLB Hons; DipLP).
Golf, skiing, reading.
Brodies LLP represents a number of the largest charities and non-profit groups operating in Scotland, and has an established relationship as adviser to the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator. The firm advise charities on the full range of potential issues, including employment, corporate structures and commercial matters succession issues, tax planning, disputes, investigations, governance, and property disposals and acquisitions. The firm also has a track record of work advising high-net-worth individuals on the formation of charitable trusts. Brenda Scott, the head of the practice, principally advises on matters related to governance, while Charles Livingstone, a partner in the firm’s government, regulatory and competition practice, acts on contentious matters and advises the Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator. Eric Galbraith has advised a range of charities, trusts and non-profits on their corporate structures, while Martin Sloan provides data protection advice. Lynne Marr chiefly acts for clients in the education sector, while Gill Summers, based in Abderdeen, advises clients in the north of Scotland.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Investment funds
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Employment > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport