Douglas Crawford > Brodies LLP > Aberdeen, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Brodies LLP Offices
31-33 UNION GROVE
- Go to...
Corporate and commercial
Doug has over 25 years’ experience in leading and negotiating Scottish, UK wide, and international corporate transactions. He is one of Scotland’s most experienced and consistently highly rated corporate lawyers, specialising in mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buy out transactions, and private equity investments.
Doug acts for corporate and individual buyers and sellers, for management teams, and for equity funding institutions in a wide range of corporate and private equity transactions, and is regarded by clients and his peers as one of the country’s most commercial and effective corporate lawyers.
Qualified Shepherd & Wedderburn WS 1989; partner Maclay Murray & Spens WS 1996; partner Dundas & Wilson CS 1997; partner CMS Cameron McKenna 2014.
Notary public ; WS Society .
University of Edinburgh (1987 LLB, Dip LP); ICAEW (Advanced Dip in Corporate Finance (CF)).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Brodies LLP’s large Aberdeen-based corporate team handles a range of domestic and international deals for private and public companies and institutions, high-net-worth individuals and third sector clients. The practice incorporates a dedicated oil and gas team, making it well placed to handle deals within the sector. Key practitioners Douglas Crawford and Tom Boulton-Jones are recommended for M&A, joint ventures, investments, reorganisations and private equity matters. Glasgow-based corporate partner Neil Burgess recently succeeded Shuna Stirling as head of corporate and commercial. Gill Summers retired at the end of 2020, but the practice was boosted by the addition of former Pinsent Masons LLP partner Martin Ewan in May 2021.
- Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland - Scotland > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - Scotland > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Investment funds
- Employment > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport