Douglas Crawford > Brodies LLP > Aberdeen, Scotland > Lawyer Profile
Brodies LLP Offices
31-33 UNION GROVE
- Go to...
Corporate and commercial
Doug has over 25 years’ experience in leading and negotiating Scottish, UK wide, and international corporate transactions. He is one of Scotland’s most experienced and consistently highly rated corporate lawyers, specialising in mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buy out transactions, and private equity investments.
Doug acts for corporate and individual buyers and sellers, for management teams, and for equity funding institutions in a wide range of corporate and private equity transactions, and is regarded by clients and his peers as one of the country’s most commercial and effective corporate lawyers.
Qualified Shepherd & Wedderburn WS 1989; partner Maclay Murray & Spens WS 1996; partner Dundas & Wilson CS 1997; partner CMS Cameron McKenna 2014.
Notary public ; WS Society .
University of Edinburgh (1987 LLB, Dip LP); ICAEW (Advanced Dip in Corporate Finance (CF)).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Active in Aberdeen and the North East, Brodies LLP is instructed on an array of local, national and cross-border deals, operating across a variety of industries such as oil and gas, real estate, healthcare, retail and financial services, among many others. Standout partners include Douglas Crawford, a sale, acquisition, management buyout (MBO) and venture capital transaction specialist, as well as joint venture, M&A, investment and reorganisation expert, Tom Boulton-Jones. Martin Ewan and senior associate Greg Costello are further key names and provide the group with transactional and contractual knowhow in the technology and energy fields.
- Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland - Scotland > Corporate and commercial
- Leading individuals - Scotland > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in Scotland
- Real estate > Construction
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Edinburgh and Glasgow
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in Scotland
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: fraud
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Public sector > Education
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy (excluding oil and gas)
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Private client > Family
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Public sector > Local government
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Insurance > Medical negligence: defender
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Oil and gas
- Public sector > Parliamentary and public affairs
- Insurance > Personal injury: defender
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and executries
- Real estate > Planning
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Environment
- Public sector > Health
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Finance > Investment funds
- Employment > Pensions
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Projects
- Real estate > Social housing
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport